Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbi app login issue

MattImmer43
Aspirant

orbi app login issue

Hi, just updated phones and now i can not login to the orbi app says failed login.Please re-enter the correct admin password for you netgear router.

I have logged into the router via a web browser no problem just unable to login via the app, i have uninstalled etc not reinstalled no good.

I have reset the password while logged in via browser still says i have the wrong password when using the app.

Any help would be fantastic Thank you 

Matt 

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@MattImmer43 wrote:

Hi, just updated phones and now i can not login to the orbi app says failed login.Please re-enter the correct admin password for you netgear router.

I find the Orbi 'app' very confusing.  My experience has been that the login prompts are misleading and not very helpful.

The 'app' is connected to Netgear's "cloud" and uses the Netgear login and password to connect.  This is usually an email address and a password. Yes, the app helpfully fills in "admin" for a user name, but that's not what it wants.

Can you please try putting in the same credentials that you use for the community forum?

Message 2 of 4
MattImmer43
Aspirant

Unfortunately I am unable to change anything in the user box, it's just grey

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you set up the RBR with a log in PW for the admin account? If no, then you need to reset the RBR and setup from scratch. Walk thru the setup wizard. Be sure to give a PW for the admin account for the RBRs web page. After completing the setup wizard. You should be able to log in to the RBRs web page using the admin account and the PW you set up for that account. 

@MattImmer43 wrote:
Unfortunately I am unable to change anything in the user box, it's just grey

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7