Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My satellites won’t give up their default SSID…

DalekNull
Aspirant

My satellites won’t give up their default SSID…

Models are SXR/SXS50.

I have recently purchased a 1-satellite set and an add-on satellite. Problems appeared when I tempered with my home Ethernet cables and Orbis’ locations.

First I noticed that add-on satellite B is never connected by any devices despite close proximity. Also B cannot connect to the router without Ethernet backhaul.

To fix that I have messed around and performed some resets and some unsuccessful factory resets(30-30-30).

And then I realized B can indeed connect to the router wirelessly but it only broadcast the default SSID which is “ORBI44”.

Therefore I proceeded messing around and trying to reset my entire setup…

NOW, I have router emits my customized SSID, while the set satellite A emits the default “ORBI96” SSID and satellite B emits its default “ORBI44”. Both SSID unencrypted. They are all within centimeters from each other and connected via cables as a part of my debug setup.

I have given up at the moment, please give me advices on how to setup orbi. I really like the ease of use and signal strength but user friendliness for trouble shooting is definitely lacking.
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: My satellites won’t give up their default SSID…

what firmware is on the router and on the satellites? 

You successfully sync'd them when hardwired? 

You might get better help in the business orbi forum versus the consumer forum. 

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 6
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Do you enable "Bandwidth per SSID"?

We found a case to hit this issue. we plan to drop beta firmware for some users to verify a fix

Message 4 of 6
DalekNull
Aspirant

No, I didn't. 

After reading your reply, I tried to tick on and off the feature and the problem persisted.

Message 5 of 6
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

can you go to Base and Satellite's debug page and save debug log and PM me?

1. Log into Orbi Pro by https://<ip address of Orbi Pro>/debug.htm

2. Start capture before connecting your devices.

3. Save the debug logs and send it for review.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7