Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro (SRK60) Wifi problems with online gaming

tonator
Aspirant

Orbi Pro (SRK60) Wifi problems with online gaming

Hi,

I have a fiber-optic internet connection  at home (modem is CTS FWR5-3105). Netgear Orbi Pro (SRK60) router is connected to bridge mode port of fiber-optic modem. If I try to play  online games (like Counter-Strike, Fortnite, many car racing games etc), I get problems to connect to game server. If I succesfully join to the server, the game lags a lot and it is particularly impossible to play.

I didn't have these problems when I had  same computer and Orbi system with 4G-connection (router was Huawei B593). Everything works great when using Wifi from fiber-optic modem, too. There is neither problems when connecting my computer to Orbi router with cable. The only problem is Orbi wifi with fiber-optic connection. And the problem is with games, not with Internet browsers or video streams (Youtube, Twitch etc). Connection speed is good (ping 15, download and upload speed maxium of my connection = 200 Mbps)

Firmware is up-to-date, wifi channel is free (no competative 5 GHz) etc. I have made factory reset. Problem exists with and without Satellite. Orbi is in router mode.

Is there some wifi setting that I should change?

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi Pro (SRK60) Wifi problems with online gaming

@tonator,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The only problem is Orbi wifi with fiber-optic connection. And the problem is with games, not with Internet browsers or video streams (Youtube, Twitch etc).

There might be ports that needs to be opened for the games you play.   

Are you playing games using a PC?  

What are the wireless settings configured on the SRR60? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
tonator
Aspirant

There might be ports that needs to be opened for the games you play. 

I tried this solution a couple of months (1 year?) ago, but I think it was not possible to open many enough for Counter Strike for example. And why everytning was fine with the Same SRK60 and 4G connection? Ports for CS:GO are

• TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
  • UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036

Are you playing games using a PC?  

Yes. Windows 10.

What are the wireless settings configured on the SRR60?

What do you mean especially?

• 2,4 Ghz channel automatic (Auto ( 5(P) + 9(S) )), 5 Ghz 36 (tested also other choices) (36(P)+40+44+48)
  • WPA2-PSK [AES]

Router information

• DHCP enabled
  • Router-mode

Advancedd settings attached (I didn't manage to add photo in the text)
Does this help?

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@tonator wrote:

I didn't have these problems when I had  same computer and Orbi system with 4G-connection (router was Huawei B593). Everything works great when using Wifi from fiber-optic modem, too. There is neither problems when connecting my computer to Orbi router with cable. The only problem is Orbi wifi with fiber-optic connection.

When I get you right, two alternate Internet connections work or worked fine on the vey same Orbi Pro GbE WAN port - and the issue is "just" with this bridged Internet port on the CTS FWR5-3105? hmm...

Message 4 of 8
tonator
Aspirant

Correctly. I also have turned off CTS 5 GHz wifi.

Message 5 of 8
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @tonator 

Are you using EU SKU?

Could you please share the debug logs? Go to https://<ip address of Orbi Pro>/debug.htm

Click on start capture.

Recreate the issue.

Save the debug logs.

Upload debug into google drive or similar and send me link via PM

Message 6 of 8
tonator
Aspirant

@RaghuHR wrote:

Hi @tonator 

Are you using EU SKU?

Could you please share the debug logs? Go to https://<ip address of Orbi Pro>/debug.htm

Click on start capture.

Recreate the issue.

Save the debug logs.

Upload debug into google drive or similar and send me link via PM

Hi @RaghuHR 

Yes, I'm using EU SKU.

I sent a private message that includes link to debug log.

Message 7 of 8
Jameswason
Aspirant

It sounds like you may be experiencing issues with your Orbi Pro router and fiber-optic internet connection when playing online games like car parking multilayer. While your internet speed is good, the lag and difficulty connecting to game servers suggest that there may be some settings that need to be adjusted on your router.

One thing you could try is to prioritize gaming traffic on your network by enabling Quality of Service (QoS) on your Orbi Pro router. This will ensure that your gaming traffic is given priority over other types of traffic on your network.

Another setting you could try adjusting is the channel width for your router's 5 GHz band. Some gaming devices may have trouble connecting to wider channels, so you could try adjusting the channel width to a smaller setting to see if that improves your connectivity.

Finally, it's possible that there may be some interference in your area that is affecting your wifi signal. You could try using a wifi analyzer app to check for any competing wifi signals on the same channel as your Orbi Pro router and adjust your channel accordingly.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements