Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRS60 Dual WAN/Failover?

LlamaLarry
Luminary

SRS60 Dual WAN/Failover?

I live in an area with no wired broadband, but have been getting by with an LB2120 (Bridge Mode) feeding my SRS60+2xSRC60 for my office space.  Tomorrow my Starlink dish should arrive and I intend to replace the LTE service as primary with it, but I want to keep it as a failover/backup during the sporadic outages during the beta phases.

Does the SRS60 have a dual WAN/failover capability or do I have to use the failover capabilities in the LB2120?  

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRS60 Dual WAN/Failover?

@LlamaLarry,

The SRS60 does not have a dual WAN/failover capability.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@LlamaLarry,

The SRS60 does not have a dual WAN/failover capability.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
LlamaLarry
Luminary

Thanks, after poking through all the screens that is what I figured.  I am kind of surprised that a small business/Pro monikered router does not have something that the $100 modem does.  I guess I will get Dishy set up directly first to verify functionality and then try to configure the modem's failover later.

I appreciate the speedy reply, even if it isn't exactly what I was hoping. 

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@LlamaLarry the LB2120 however has a wonderful feature named broadband failover - you link the new satellite Dish Internet connection Ethernet cable through the LB2120 and from there to the SRS60 WAN/Internet port. If the dish internet is down, the LB2120 LTE will pick up the backup.

Consult the fine documentation FMI -> https://www.netgear.com/support/product/LB2120.aspx#docs 

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@LlamaLarry wrote:

I am kind of surprised that a small business/Pro monikered router does not have something that the $100 modem does.

That's not the same - multi WAN requires much more.

The LTE modem does "only" pass-through the primary Internet connection (permitting it's plain IP, no encapsulation or the like), and it has one LTE WAN connection which chimes in of the device detects the primary Internet connection went down.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements