×

Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Reply

SXR30 Problems - Continues

nyguy845
Follower

SXR30 Problems - Continues

Moved over from a LinkSys router to this SXR30 router. Ever since moving over I can't ping my server. I try to connect to VPN via Windows server and it fails, and just about anything involving VPN and me trying to connect to my internal network fails. This is frustrating and getting help from netgear phone support has not been a pleasant experience. I've disabled firewalls, enabled echo request in Windows and just about everything under the sun. 

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: SXR30 Problems - Continues


@nyguy845 wrote:

Moved over from a LinkSys router to this SXR30 router. Ever since moving over I can't ping my server.


A little bit thin on information. Everything needs to be workable on the private LAN IP first. 

 


@nyguy845 wrote:

I try to connect to VPN via Windows server and it fails, and just about anything involving VPN and me trying to connect to my internal network fails.

Reads like home made confusion. "... connect to VPN via Windows server..."  What VPN client or device, what VPN, via what Windows server. Sorry, I'm lost. Please explain your plans and intentions in more details. 

 


@nyguy845 wrote:

This is frustrating and getting help from netgear phone support has not been a pleasant experience. I've disabled firewalls, enabled echo request in Windows and just about everything under the sun. 


Must be very difficult for the L1 support people to figure out what you really want to achieve my friend.

 

Insight Business VPN or OpenVPN (-> https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SXK30/SXK30_UM_EN.pdf p.210 ff.)

 

 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 228 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements