Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 devices constantly dropping connection

ahswp
Apprentice

2 devices constantly dropping connection

I upgraded my Orbi 50 to the 753 about a year ago. So far I've noticed improved performance and am pleased with the results. I should note that I have a slightly complicated setup with a very "noisy" environment (Ie multiple neighbors with their own networks) and my house layout makes things more complicated. I also have 70+ devices and 4 family members using Zoom at the same time for school/work.

One strange thing I noticed, though and can't figure out how to fix it. 2 of my 70+ devices constantly drop wifi. Both my Obihai phone and Epson printer can connect to wifi without a problem, however they will drop connection (sometimes after a short amount of time, sometimes after a few days). When I try to reconnect both can't. If I change to the guest network it will connect. Then I can go back to my main network. Or I can unplug them for a short amount of time, replug them back in and they will connect back to the wifi. I tried to use a fixed IP address and that does not fix it.

It's also strange because sometimes the phone (or the printer)works for days. Other times hours. To be clear, its not that they both disconnect at the same time. Sometimes one works the other doesn't Obihai tech support couldn't figure it out (not like they really tried). Epson is "looking into it".

I do not think any of my other devices have the same problem. Just those two.

Not sure what would cause only these two devices to have this issue... Maybe they "roam" and are trying to reconnect or there is a security issue where it roams to a different satalite.

I decided to hardwire my phone because I had calls constantly disconnecting. Hardwired there is no issue.

The strangest part is that when I try to reconnect these devices, it can see the SSID but it can't connect, unless I switch to my guest network OR unplug. Just trying to connect does not work.

Any suggestions welcome!

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 2 devices constantly dropping connection

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements