Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX6000 Wired backhaul question...NEWB

DudeDah
Aspirant

AX6000 Wired backhaul question...NEWB

So I am going to use a wired backhaul configuration for my RBS, is it "better" or does it matter whether I use the "Link aggregation" port on the back of the RBR vs. one of the other three?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

How Ethernet port 1 behaves is determined by a setting on the Advanced Tab, Setup Meu, Internet Setup.

• Enabling Link Aggregation means port 1 is connected to the modem.
  • Not enabling Link Aggregation means port 1 is just like ports 2-4 (connected to devices on the LAN).

See the user manual for the specific model of Orbi router (found on the product label on the bottom of the router).

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

LAG is the for WAN side. 

WIred will always be better than wireless. 

Message 2 of 6
DudeDah
Aspirant

So then the Ethernet cable running to/from the Satellite should connect into one of the ports 2-4 and NOT the LAG port on the RBR?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

U can connect to the port 1 (LAG port) if you don't have LAG enabled on the RBR. IF you do then yes, ports 2-4. 

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

How Ethernet port 1 behaves is determined by a setting on the Advanced Tab, Setup Meu, Internet Setup.

• Enabling Link Aggregation means port 1 is connected to the modem.
  • Not enabling Link Aggregation means port 1 is just like ports 2-4 (connected to devices on the LAN).

See the user manual for the specific model of Orbi router (found on the product label on the bottom of the router).

Message 5 of 6
DudeDah
Aspirant

Ok gotcha, so unless you have it enabled it's the same as the rest ok. THANK YOU!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series