Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Blocked time starting evening and ending morning does not work

LaurentCr
Aspirant

Blocked time starting evening and ending morning does not work

I want to restrict my kids playing at night and have setup a blocking schedule (and IP address reservation).

Now it's 6am. When I set the schedule from 21 hour to 7 hour, then the device can connect anyway which is not normal. When I set however my schedule from 0 hour to 7 hour, then the device is indeed blocked.

It seems the system cannot cope with blocked schedule start time higher than end time.

How to mitigate this ?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

@LaurentCr wrote:

It seems the system cannot cope with blocked schedule start time higher than end time.

How to mitigate this ?

This is exactly what I discovered.  Terms such as "brain dead", "dumber than dirt" come to mind.  This is not a useful tool because (a) there is only one schedule, and (b) the start time must come before the stop time.

My impression is that Netgear has no incentive to alter this because they would rather customers subscribe (pay money) for the illusion of Parental Control.

I suggest you set it from 21:00 to 23:59 and hope that they go to sleep before midnight.  "Who cares" if they get up early and start using the electronic device that you gave them?  Or.... find a different solution.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@LaurentCr wrote:

How to mitigate this ?

This is exactly what I discovered.  Terms such as "brain dead", "dumber than dirt" come to mind.  This is not a useful tool because (a) there is only one schedule, and (b) the start time must come before the stop time.

My impression is that Netgear has no incentive to alter this because they would rather customers subscribe (pay money) for the illusion of Parental Control.

I suggest you set it from 21:00 to 23:59 and hope that they go to sleep before midnight.  "Who cares" if they get up early and start using the electronic device that you gave them?  Or.... find a different solution.

Message 2 of 4
LaurentCr
Aspirant

Ok thanks. That's what I ended doing finally.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7