Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't connect RBS 760 to RBR

Florian_HSM
Aspirant

Can't connect RBS 760 to RBR

I can't connect my RBS to the RBR after changing to AP mode; the RBS led stay purple and they don't appear on the "connected devices" page.

Configuration:

1: Create orbi network

2: Connect RBS to RBR (it worked)

3: Change RBR from router to AP mode

4: No more RBS (and i can't sync them)

Details: The 2 RBS have a continuous purple led and one of them appear on the device manager (with a 0.0.0.0 IP address and as a connected device, not a satelite)

Capture d'écran 2024-04-16 100146.png

When in AP mode, does the RBK use their own subnet or they need a proper IP address (the RBR is behind a firewall with manual IP, which made me think that the lack of DHCP if the issue here)

In the "Security" menu, the plannig is activated (can be selected), but i can't activate it, is it a bug?

Current version : V6.3.8.5_1.4.80

Model used: RBK760

Message 1 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@Florian_HSM wrote:

I can't connect my RBS to the RBR after changing to AP mode; the RBS led stay purple and they don't appear on the "connected devices" page.

Configuration:

Details: The 2 RBS have a continuous purple led and one of them appear on the device manager (with a 0.0.0.0 IP address and as a connected device, not a satelite)

When in AP mode, does the RBK use their own subnet or they need a proper IP address (the RBR is behind a firewall with manual IP, which made me think that the lack of DHCP if the issue here)

The Orbi system does depend on available IP communication, these are not "just" Ethernet switches, even in AP mode it's more than a pure Wireless<->LAN bridge - so without IP address it will be more than difficult, the sync can't work of course, too..

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the brand and model# host router the RBR is connected too in AP mode? 

Be sure the RBR is connected to the host router using the RBRs Yellow Internet port while in AP mode.

Is the RBR using a Dynamic or static IP addressed AP configuration? 

How are the RBS connected to the RBR? Wireless or ethernet connected?

Security do you mean Armor or Access Controls? These would not be valid use since they are not supported in AP mode. What do you mean by "planning"? 

@Florian_HSM wrote:

Configuration:

Capture d'écran 2024-04-16 100146.png

In the "Security" menu, the plannig is activated (can be selected), but i can't activate it, is it a bug?

Current version : V6.3.8.5_1.4.80

Model used: RBK760

Message 3 of 8
Florian_HSM
Aspirant

I did a factory reset on my orbis and activated the DHCP on my firewall.

Now the satellites connect to the RBR and i see them on the orbilogon page; however the RBR keep rebooting itself every 2 to 3 min (only when in AP mode, the router mode doesn't have this issue).

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the RBR set for Dynamic IP addresses or Static IP addressing while in AP mode? 

If you disconnect the RBR from your firewall, does the RBR keep rebooting or stop? 

Message 5 of 8
Florian_HSM
Aspirant

When i disconnect my firewall (stormshield) from thr RBR, it stop auto-restarting.

The auto-restart happens no matter the RBR configuration (DHCP or Static IP, but only in AP mode)

Message 6 of 8
Florian_HSM
Aspirant

After some testing, i found out that the RBR isn't really rebooting, it just deactivate and reactivate it's wifi (if i'm wired to the RBR, i can stay connect to the orbilogon page). I don't see any relevant informations in the RBR logs.

I tried to downgrade the RBR firmware to V6.3.6.4_1.2.68 but the issue is still here.

The only time when the RBR don't restart it's wifi every 1 to 3 min is when it is not connected to the firewall or when it is in Router mode.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like the Orbi doesn't like your firewall appliance device. Sounds like this device is causing problems. If you need to continue with the firewall device, and use the Orbi, use the Orbi in router mode and use the firewalls DMZ or IP pass-thru for the RBR in router mode to avoid NAT issues. 

I'd contact the Mfr of the firewall device to see if they have any information or help on there device that maybe causing problems like this or stop this behavior with WiFi connected routers in AP mode.

Good Luck.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series