Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot login to webpage as Admin any more

bmentink
Tutor

Cannot login to webpage as Admin any more

Hi,

I have a new Orbi mesh router that is all setup and working.

I had to setup up some NAT stuff, so went into the devices web page on my computer, and also changed the admin

password to something else while I was there.

I logged out and logged in with the new password fine. Several days latter I tried to login, and it would not accept

my login password or the default one.

I tried entering 3 invalid passwords so that it would ask the security questions, but nothing, just back to the login page.

How do I fix this? If I have to do a factory reset, will that remove the settings entered by my Internet Provider?

This seems to be a common problem with this router.

I can get in via the phone app, but not sure if I can change the admin password there to fix.

EDIT: Some other detail. A day back I had enabled the guest network for WiFi, then decided not to use it and disabled it again, now I notice that even with a wired ethernet connected login attempt, I see to login users "admin" and "guest"

The guest login is there even after disabling it. I cannot login in to either though.

Seems like a fault with the unit.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
bmentink
Tutor

Re: Cannot login to webpage as Admin any more

Ok, I fixed this with a reboot of the Orbi ..

So it seems, it is a firmware bug, to my mind it should not perform like that, I would not like my customers to have to go though that in one of my net connected products.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What model Orbi system do you have? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using? This happens in other browsers like MS Edge or Firefox or Opera? 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches and saved PW profiles with in the browser. 

Message 2 of 5
bmentink
Tutor

What model Orbi system do you have? 

Orbi Wifi 6 AX1800 RBR350

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

EDIT: found out via android app v4.20.0.4

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

? No idea .. provided by Chorus New Zealand

What browser are you using? This happens in other browsers like MS Edge or Firefox or Opera? 

Brave

Be sure to clear out all browser caches and saved PW profiles with in the browser. 

No difference

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@bmentink wrote:

How do I fix this? If I have to do a factory reset, will that remove the settings entered by my Internet Provider?

This may be ambiguous.

• If this refers to the public IP address, subnet mask, and DNS entries created when the Orbi uses DHCP to connect to the ISP, then "yes". Every time the Orbi connects those settings will be created by the ISP.  This is how the ISP sometimes changes the public IP address of customers who have dynamic IP assignments (most of us).
  • If this refers to ISP settings entered by the user to connect to the ISP, such as user name and password, then a Factory Reset will erase these and the user must enter them agaiin.

Message 4 of 5
bmentink
Tutor

Ok, I fixed this with a reboot of the Orbi ..

So it seems, it is a firmware bug, to my mind it should not perform like that, I would not like my customers to have to go though that in one of my net connected products.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7