Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Custom DNS option Greyed out

blueskys06
Follower

Custom DNS option Greyed out

Hello everyone, I'm having an issue where I'm trying to enter custom DNS because I'm trying to use my pi-hole. I remember setting it up once and could do it just fine. I'm not sure if a firmware update was applied or what, but currently the option is greyed out. Firmware is currently at V4.6.3.16_2.0.51. I've seen things about disney circle (which I don't have). I disabled parental controls, and also disabled armor, still the same. Only way custom DNS can be selected is if I choose the following options:

Does your internet connection require a login? yes

Or If I choose use staic IP address, other than that I can't enter my custom DNS.

I've tried different browsers and also tried being connected directly via ethernet. All yeild the same option.

I've also tried doing a factory reset, and still the same result

So in summary, DNS options are greyed out, and I've tried the following:

Restore to factory setting

Rebooting

Switching browsers

Hardline via ethernet

Latest firmware

Help would be greatly appreciated.

My model is the RBR750 AX4200 (this option isn't in the dropdown for whatever reason)

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Custom DNS option Greyed out

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

So disconnect the RBR from the ISP modem/ONT and factory reset the RBR either by using the ERASE button under Advanced Tab/Advanced/Back up menu or press the reset button for 15 seconds then release. 

Setup the RBR using a web browser and 1 wired PC. Skip the setup wizard and select manually setup the router yourself. Skip adding the RBS as well. After you get to the main screen, if Armor window appears, select Don't show me again. 

Go in to Advanced Tab/Settings and Internet. You should be able to select DNS from automatic to Custom. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7