Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Idoorbell Fon will not see the WiFi network on RBR850 Orbi.

trmeadows
Aspirant

Idoorbell Fon will not see the WiFi network on RBR850 Orbi.

I am able to connect via wired connection but the operation fails when attempting to switch to WIFI.

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

1. what firmware is on the orbi?

2. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

3. did you contact the makers of the idoorbell to see if there's any specific settings for setup ?

4. during setup, is your phone on the 2.4ghz band? 

Message 2 of 9
trmeadows
Aspirant

1. V4.6.8.2

2. FIOS-G1100

3. Yes, they claim to need simple 2.4 and blame the Orbi system for the error.

4. Confirmed that the Iphone is on the 2.4 band.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

do you have the netgears IP address put into the G1100's DMZ?

Message 4 of 9
Mikey94025
Hero

Try setting your CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 to maximize compatibility with older wireless devices:

1. Go to the web admin portal at http://orbilogin.com/
  2. Click to the Advanced tab, Advanced left menu, Wireless Settings
  3. Set CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 for both 2.4hz and 5Ghz networks
  4. Press Apply

See if that helps.  If problems still persist, next try disabling AX mode for the 2.4Ghz band:

1. Go to http://orbilogin.com/
  2. Click to the Advanced tab, Setup left menu, Wireless Setup
  3. Uncheck "Enable 2.4G" under the top Enable AX section
  4. Press Apply
Message 5 of 9
trmeadows
Aspirant

I attempted that, but now have restricted access to the router login.

Message 6 of 9
trmeadows
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, but it still did not see the WiFi network.

Message 7 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@trmeadows wrote:

I am able to connect via wired connection but the operation fails when attempting to switch to WIFI.

It's a bit confusing that there are two different installation guides. Neither guide mentions anything about how the doorbell is powered.  (Silly me. I assume that it must be the existing doorbell power, but then...)

https://acnc.tech/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/recommended-installation-procedure.pdf  says that the doorbell must be connected with Ethernet cable before selecting WiFi.  Well, that's not going to be convenient unless the user has a damn long Ethernet cable.

The other guide does not mention Ethernet or a list of WiFi systems populating. Can you please describe what happens on Step 4?

https://acnc.tech/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Quick-Installation-Guide-version-0.91.pdf   The first guide clearly mentions the device populating a list.  I cannot figure out from the second installation guide whether (a) the user enters the SSID of a WiFi system, or if there is a "Drop Down" or other type of list where the user selects which WiFi system to use.

Message 8 of 9
trmeadows
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  I was successful yesterday in connecting the doorbell to the router.  I was able to use 2 TP Link devices and the connection is through the electric system of the house.  The power is 12 volt that I had to provide to the site of the doorbell installation.  The prior non-video doorbell used the power of the telephone line.

In Step 4, I am able to connect to the device using the Yoosee app.  The doorbell support then instructed me to enter settings and click on Network Settings.  There are 2 buttons, Wired (which is filled in) and WiFi.  I highlight the WiFi button and a window appears asking me to confirm or cancel.  I select confirm and a temporary window appears saying that the operation failed.

Below the Wired and WiFi buttons is an area labeled WiFi list.  When the network settings window opens, the "wheel" appears as if looking for a WiFi network, but none are ever populated.

Frustrating!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7