Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Orbi RBK353 : Internet WAN disconection

Philou73
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi RBK353 : Internet WAN disconection

Since the installation of the Orbi RBK353 system (base + 3 satellites), I have internet cuts several times a day and it takes between 5 and 10 minutes to come back ... Quite frustrating when we do telework. .

I am at Proximus (Belgium) and I informed them of the problem. To them they say the line is stable and they see no cutoffs ... I go around in circles in different forums and really can't find any solution.

I have the BBOX V3 (single) from proximus. BBOX wifi is OFF and therefore disabled. The ORBI system is in Access Point mode because, in router mode, I don't have Proximus TV since the decoder is connected to one of the satellites.

When the blackout occurs, the Orbi application indicates that the Internet is "offline". No more internet ... Proximus TV, on the other hand, is still working. This happens as well when I am alone at home as when the whole family is there (and therefore the number of larger devices connected to WIFI).

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Is the front of the RBRs LED turning ON when this happens when loosing internet? 

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean

If so, then something between the RBR and the host router is loosing the connection and the RBR is being effected. The Orbi in AP mode is only passing data thru and relies on good connection from the upstream host router. 

Be sure to swap LAN cables between the RBR and the host router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Be sure your using the WAN port on the RBR as the connection to the host router upstream from the RBR. 

Connect a wired PC to this host router with out the RBR online to see if the problem appears also at the PC connected this router. If it does, you'll need to contact the ISP and let them know about this. 

Message 2 of 8
Philou73
Aspirant

Hi

Firmware is V4.3.4.8_1.9.53

When it shut down , the orbi router is pulsing magenta 

On the Proximus modem, all lights are correct and seems to be OK.

During the cut off, I connect in LAN a laptop and internet is working.

Connection is from WAN connector Modem to INTERNET connector on the Orbi.

The cable use is the one deliver with the Orbi kit.

Philippe

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Is the RBR placed near other electronic devices? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 4 of 8
Philou73
Aspirant

Hi

The issue seems to be between the Modem and the Orbi router.

The application Orbi said 'INTERNET HORS LIGNE'

The WIFI Signal is still working as, during internet cut, I have access to my network and Proximus TV is working.

The TV decoder is connected to a satellite and signal is working.

Philippe

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please give feedback to the question presented. 

Do you have a prior router that you can try connected to the mode to see if this follows? 

Message 6 of 8
Philou73
Aspirant

no

before I used only the BBOX V3 from Proximus (modem routeur)

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support for help and information. 

Good Luck. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series