Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Not seeing Orbi Outdoor in Router

SD1976
Aspirant

Not seeing Orbi Outdoor in Router

I am brand new to the ORBI router. I have a 750 with 1 satellite. I did not get sufficient signal to our detached garage to operate one camera and my garage door opener. Support recommended that I get an ORBI outdoor so I did. Actually, it connected right up and life is good from a connectivity perspective. The issue I have is that I do not see the outdoor device in the router at all. I know it has to be working but I do not see it when I go to attached devices or in the network map. I have tried asking support but not getting anywhere. Shouldn't I see this in attached devices or somewhere? I have the MAC address and it is definitely not listed. Makes me wonder if it is really working-I know it must be because my garage door is opening and I am getting my camera feed but quite confused by this. Oh and it is set up in ORBI mode - at least I believe it is.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you get the RBS50Y outdoor RBS? IF so, this won't work in Orbi mode with the Orbi AX system. The RBS50Y needs to have the Extender Mode FW applied, then it will work, however won't show as a satellite in the same location as indoor RBS. Will be just listed as a device. 

Message 2 of 8
SD1976
Aspirant

I have the RBS50Yv2. It appears to be working fine. Outdoor signal is great. Just can't see it in the router – like it doesn’t exist.

Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Since it cannot operate as a "satellite" on the 750 system, it will appear in the list of Attached Devices as a device.  Perhaps if you go through the entire list, there will be one device that you do not recognize?

Message 4 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Another tactic is to look at the product label on the bottom of the RBS50Y and record the WiFi MAC address.*

If that MAC address appears in the table of Attached Devices, you have found it.

* Depending on how the RBS50Y was mounted, this may be physically challenging.

Message 5 of 8
SD1976
Aspirant

Finally got off support with Netgear and they confirmed it is defective so I am not nuts. I could not see the MAC address which was what my original issue was-it was not there. Replacement!!!

Message 6 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Since the garage door and camera are now working correctly, perhaps the satellite was not needed?

Do those devices show up in the Attached Device list?

Message 7 of 8
SD1976
Aspirant

Interesting thought that I have add as well. Netgear assured me that it wasn't connected (I truly thought it was base on signal). Now that it is shut off and boxed up, my signal is very weak out there again. So if it wasn't connected why was my signal better when it was there. Can't explain that. I will see what I do going forward. I only have the one camera and the garage door opener. I can move a camera but maybe we just don't use the wifi for the garage door which is not a major crisis but I do want it to work. I will see how long it takes for amazon to send a new one to replace it. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7