Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI 960 Speed Question

Robleader
Follower

ORBI 960 Speed Question

Hello, 

I am currently using eero pro 6E with two additional satellites provided by Frontier Internet. I have the 2 gig internet plan. The wired connection to my PC only is allowing just under 1gig through a speed test. I want to be seeing 2gig on my wired but have been told that would not be possible.  According to eero webpage, it says that max speeds by the pro 6E is 1.3g wireless and 1g wired. When you look at the eero there is only 2 ports on it a 2.5g and a 1g. Since the input goes into the 2.5g and out put is from the 1g this makes sense. However its a little annoying and feels like a bait and switch operation. With all this being said --- Can the ORBI 960 system give me a wired connection of 2g? Looking at the back it appears there is a 10G port and am ethernet 2.5g port. Any help or advice would be apricated. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI 960 Speed Question

Yes. the 960 has a 10Gb WAN port and a 2.5Gb LAN port so you should see 2Gb here if your PC is fitted with a 2.5Gb or higher speed PCI ethernet adapter. https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBKE953S/RBKE953S_DS.pdf

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7