Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One of the RBS750 satellite got upgraded to RBS850 firmware during auto upgrade

leonzet
Tutor

One of the RBS750 satellite got upgraded to RBS850 firmware during auto upgrade

Hi,

Not sure when the automatic upgrade happened. 

One of my RBS750 satellite got upgraded to RBS850 firmware 4.6.8.2 and it shows out of sync in the portal.

I have RBR850 as the main router, one RBR850 satellite and two RBS750 satellites. 

How to fix this and prevent auto upgrade in the future?

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: One of the RBS750 satellite got upgraded to RBS850 firmware during auto upgrade

What is the distance between the RBR and this one RBS? 

What happens if you bring this one RBS into same room as the RBR and turn it ON? Should connect and sync fully. 

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: One of the RBS750 satellite got upgraded to RBS850 firmware during auto upgrade

@leonzet wrote:

One of my RBS750 satellite got upgraded to RBS850 firmware 4.6.8.2 and it shows out of sync in the portal.

I have RBR850 as the main router, one RBR850 satellite and two RBS750 satellites. 

How to fix this and prevent auto upgrade in the future?

Can you please attach a screen shot from the 750 satellite home page (open a web browser to the IP address of the satellite and log in using the router "admin" and password).

The most recent firmware for both 750 and 850 products is 4.6.8.2.  It would be amazing if the model number of the satellite has suddenly changed.

Message 3 of 5
leonzet
Tutor

I did a reset and it fix the issue.

Now the RBS750 display correctly. 

Message 4 of 5
leonzet
Tutor

Also do you know how to disable auto upgrade?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7