Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi 753 daily hick ups

IvoK
Tutor

Orbi 753 daily hick ups

Hello community - since October, I have an ORBI RBS753 system.  Since February, the system has daily hick ups: it is not connected to the internet. The hick ups are 10 seconds to a minute. I have a Business Packages from my internet provider, they checked it on their end and do not find any issues. It must be the the ORBI router. I can not send it back to Netgear and miss it for weeks. Anything else I can do?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

You might try this version of the firmware if this just started in febuary:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-v...

I'd recommend installing the firmware and then doing a factory reset/reinstall (not from a backup)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. what firmware is on the orbi? 

2. what modem/gateway do you have from your ISP?

3. more details on these hiccups help. What actually happens? do devices say "connected, no internet"? Do they disconnect from the wifi entirely? Is the wifi broadcasting but you can't connect? Is it not broadcasting at all? Do wired devices have the same issues?

Details are key in helping diagnosis

Message 2 of 8
IvoK
Tutor

Thank you for the questions.

1. Firmware: V4.6.5.14
2. Modem: Ubee - UBC1318
3. Hick-ups - what happens is that suddenly there is no internet on my devices. When I check the Obri app, it shows that the 2 satellites are connected to the router, but the router itself is purple. After a while - 10 secods to a minute - the internet is up again.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

You might try this version of the firmware if this just started in febuary:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-v...

I'd recommend installing the firmware and then doing a factory reset/reinstall (not from a backup)

Message 4 of 8
IvoK
Tutor

The ORBI app says there is no new firmware available at this time. Should I still go ahead and install the update manually?

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

I would. 

I know its been pushed out for the 8 series with it helping but it hasn't been released to the official channels for the 7 series yet. 

Message 6 of 8
IvoK
Tutor

Great, thank you very much

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Let us know how it goes! 

I know that firmware version was pushed out to the 8 series and its supposed to be getting the push to the 7 series here shortly

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7