Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi AX Beta Forum and Beta Firmware

FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi AX Beta Forum and Beta Firmware

For users who want to try Orbi AX beta FW. There is a beta forum for Orbi AX. 

For access to this forum, please contact @Christian_R via private message. 

There is a beta version now available to try for Orbi 850 series systems. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 25
plemans
Guru

Maybe someday.......wife won't let me splurge on the Orbi AX. 

Message 2 of 25
KMDonlon
Luminary

PM sent 😁
Message 3 of 25
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

PM sent!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 25
mberk3
Aspirant

PM sent

Message 5 of 25
RafS
Apprentice

PM sent

Message 6 of 25
wase471111
Apprentice

anything special or unique in this beta firmware, or is it just a newer version of what exisits now?

thanks

Message 7 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Seems to fix some Samsung TV issues I believe. Not sure what else. 

Message 8 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Users need to know that the beta FW available is for only the Orbi AX 850 series. Not the 840. I should have explained this more in the initial post here. I presume NG will post a specific 840 series FW at some point. 

Those of you who have a 840 series system can ask Christian_R about availabilty of beta fw. 

Message 9 of 25
wase471111
Apprentice

thanks, I have my system running like a rocket now, so I dont want to mess with things unless its significant or brings some new great feature..

Message 10 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

NIce. I would make a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. 

You might make a new post and let everyone know what your configuration is, settings your using and placement of the system. Might be helpful for others. 

Message 11 of 25
wase471111
Apprentice

yep, backup is saved, first thing..

I'll post my stuff up soon; kinda under the weather right now..

quick question for you; every couple of days, my attached devices tab loses all the info of what attched; a full system reboot brings it back, but, its happenned 4 times now, in just 2 weeks, and seems kinda unusual..have you seen this behaviour too?

Message 12 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

I'll check on this. I'm curretly using the beta FW. 

Message 13 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

I got this from NG:

"It is always recommended that users only update to firmware's specific to their product model."

Message 14 of 25
FarmerBob1
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I got this from NG:

"It is always recommended that users only update to firmware's specific to their product model."

Now thinking this out, that doesn't make any sense since we are talking RBK85X that the FW is made for. UNLESS they mean, "specific to their product release staus/designation". Which would be, NOT crossing "Retail" and "Beta"?

Message 15 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Beta is Beta FW for the Orbi AX. So discussion is open for any experience with the Beta FW made available by NG. 

@FarmerBob1 wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I got this from NG:

Now thinking this out, that doesn't make any sense since we are talking RBK85X that the FW is made for. UNLESS they mean, "specific to their product release staus/designation". Which would be, NOT crossing "Retail" and "Beta"?

Message 16 of 25
DoctorA
Luminary

No Release notes?
Mine is working fine with 2 additional hard wired RBS-50s and everything is hard wired.
What is the new version #?
Mine shows this

V3.2.9.2_1.2.4
Message 17 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Nope. Usually don't get any. Smiley Frustrated

Message 18 of 25
DoctorA
Luminary

V3.2.9.2_1.2.4
This is my version
What is the new one?
I am asking this because one time before the beta got installed automatically.
Message 19 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Betas won't be install autotmatically. There all manual updates. 

v3.2.10.1

Message 20 of 25
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

For the benefit of all and to insure we keep focused on the end game, stable firmware for all users, and to put the legal mumbo jumbo in layman's terms here are a few suggested guidelines/FAQ's:

1) Beta firmware is always manually updated-satellite (RBS) first, then the router RBR

2) After upgrading firmware, beta or public, ensure you always do a factory reset and build from scratch (just like you got the hardware new from a retailer)-do not reload a saved config file-probably preaching to the choir here but......

3) If you receive beta firmware via PM-it is for your exclusive use and nobody else to address/test your specific issue-do not share with anyone else including those on this forum. This will prevent the members on this forum from chasing all the white rabbits created when using beta firmware which was only intended for a specific user with a specific issue.

4)Should not have to be said but here goes anyway, the only authorized beta firmware for all the members of this Orbi AX beta forum will be posted with the appropriate link by authorized Netgear representatives.

5)Any findings with beta firmware (assuming it is the beta firmware-confirmation amongst the beta forum members is appreciated) should be specific and informative as possible so that the recipient(s) will have no question in their mind as to what your problem is and the desired solution.

To all: feel free to add to this as one sees fit so that new members to this beta forum avoid the mistakes we have all made at one time or another-no sense in reinventing the wheel.

Message 21 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

To all: When users get any kind of "beta" FW files from either NG support directly, NGs Beta Forum or from a NG Forum Moderator, do not post links to these beta FW files anywhere in the public NG forums. NG wants to keep the "betas" central to one location and to users who want to try the betas only. Betas are not for everyone and may cause problems for users who have working systems. 

Message 22 of 25
FarmerBob1
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Beta is Beta FW for the Orbi AX. So discussion is open for any experience with the Beta FW made available by NG. 

@FarmerBob1 wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I got this from NG:

I completely understand. I was just try to put sense to "what you received" from NG, knowing things got lost in "translation".

Message 23 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Translastion is good. All on the same page. Sir Peasant Orbi Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 25
FarmerBob1
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Translastion is good. All on the same page. Sir Peasant Orbi Smiley Tongue

Yes, m'Lard.