Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AX4200 RBR750 Guest Network Devices Access to LAN?

another_user
Aspirant

Orbi AX4200 RBR750 Guest Network Devices Access to LAN?

Hey everyone,

If I turn on my guest network for my Orbi AX4200 RBR750 mesh system, will guest users be able to access my LAN devices that are connected to the router? I have my IoT devices connected via ethernet to my switch, which is connected to the router via ethernet, and I want to ensure that if anyone is on my guest network they cannot access any IoT devices. Thanks!

#Orbi

#RBR750

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi AX4200 RBR750 Guest Network Devices Access to LAN?

On the Orbi 750 system, devices connected to the Guest WiFi network are isolated from the primary network (including the primary WiFi and the wired network).

Something easy to verify.  Connect to the Guest WiFi and attempt to connect to any device on the primary network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

On the Orbi 750 system, devices connected to the Guest WiFi network are isolated from the primary network (including the primary WiFi and the wired network).

Something easy to verify.  Connect to the Guest WiFi and attempt to connect to any device on the primary network.

Message 2 of 4
Phyber
Luminary

My understanding is that the Guest Network is assigned a different IP address than your primary network so that it is "secure" from the outside or inside. The IoT network is not. 

I keep all of my IoT devices on my Guest Network which I assigned a different SSID and password from my primary network.

If this is not how it works then hopefully someone will correct me.

Message 3 of 4
another_user
Aspirant

Thanks for the fast reply, @CrimpOn. I tried that and you are correct that it didn't connect. Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7