Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK852 compatibility with Google wifi

pss16
Aspirant

Orbi RBK852 compatibility with Google wifi

Hi All,

I upgraded from google wifi to the orbi RBK852 router. I have the 3 google wifi routers at home. Is there a way i can connect them to this Orbi router as extensions? This way I can utilize them. 

Many thanks in advance for your replies. 

Thanks

pss16

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to try and see. No idea if they will work or not. 

If there not AX or tri band supporting, may not work. Try disabling AX mode on the RBR. 

Let us know.

Message 2 of 8
pss16
Aspirant

Many thanks for the response. How do I disable the AX mode to try? do i have to use the orbi app to look for the google wifi? 

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Use a PC or Laptop and connect to the RBRs web page. It's on the wireless settings page. 

You'll need to use googles app to get them connected. 

Message 4 of 8
pss16
Aspirant

I connected physically hard wired the google wifi to the Oribi satellite and it had the same network name and it actually worked. So now its like a router connected to a router. Any thoughts on how to make it connect via wifi so that these google points just become satellites of the orginal Orbi. Many thanks in advance

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the google app to see if it will help you get those connected. Something to ask Google about. 

Message 6 of 8
pss16
Aspirant

I checked with google and they are saying that I should not connect the google wifi to netgear. They want the google wifi to be only connected to the modem. I asked them can I turn off dhcp and connect the google wifi with netgear so that only netgear will assign the dynamic ips. They told that it should not be done. I still do not know of a way to connect via wifi. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Probably won't work then. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements