Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS 750 dropping speeds

airgrunt82
Follower

Orbi RBS 750 dropping speeds

I have an Orbi ax 4200 triband mesh wifi 6 system, main router and two satelites. I have Windstream Kinetic gig service. I have had this Orbi for 18 months, over the last 3 months it has been dropping speeds (based on the Orbi app) or just flat out disconnecting. I have been averaging upload and download speeds between 850 mbps and 990 mbps and over the last 3 months, dropping to 80-90 mbps. Rebooting works to reset 3 out of 5 times, but will drop again in a day or less. I have done a full reset, uninstalled, reinstalled, reconfigured, spent hours on phone with Netgear and teh problem just keeps coming back. Firmware version is V4.6.14.3_2.3.12, I have about 28 connected devices, I have found and labeled all of them based on what they are (Thermostates, computers, ect..), 2 or 3 I havent figured out yet. We work from home and can not really afford to have our service dropping out all the time, we have back mifi for when it does. Winstream has been out here and tested every thing up to the router, even connecting their own, and everthoing works fine, so the issue is the orbi. Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS 750 dropping speeds

Instead of using Orbi app, what speeds do you see with a ethernet connected PC and wireless device using Ooklas installable speed test app? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Does this happen with the RBS turned OFF? 
Does this happen with both wireless and wired devices? 
What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Smart Parental Controls or Circle, Traffic Meter.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7