Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK 853 - Cannot tell if satellites are working

Kensington6503
Aspirant

RBK 853 - Cannot tell if satellites are working

This is a post about the RBK853|Orbi Tri-band Mesh WiFi6 System AX6000 (not apparently a selection option yet). I don't think it really matters, though, for my question/problem.

I set up the RBR in AP mode, connected directly to the Verizon FIOS One Modem. I have two RBS connected in the house via installed ethernet cables to a Ubiquiti switch (Unifi US-48). When I turned on each RBS, it cycled through the white light and then turned solid blue, which I believe means that it is working. 

I have great WiFi throughout the house! But, I have two issues:

1. The RBS do NOT show up in the dashboard for connected devices in Orbilogin.
  2. I cannot get the iPhone app to find any of the devices.

I can see all three devices as connected to the FIOS router, and I can login to the RBR and one of the RBS by navigating to its IP address.

Any tips? Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Kensington6503
Aspirant

Re: RBK 853 - Cannot tell if satellites are working

@FURRYe38 You were absolutely right. I identified the runs to my satellites, connected them directly to the RBR, and they appear on the dashboard. Still can't use the app yet, but that is fine for now. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Connect the RBS directly to the back of the RBR with out the switch in between. What does the status show on the RBR then? 

Message 2 of 6
Kensington6503
Aspirant

Sigh, I will try. I have about 70 cables coming into that switch from all over the house, so I was hoping to avoid that. Makes sense as the solution, however.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Your switch may have a user UI feature, if so, try to disable IGMP and or Green Ethernet protocols on this switch. 

If you need a switch in between the RBR and RBS, then you can install another switch in between the RBR and RBS. 

NG GS-105/108v4, D-Link DGS-105/108 and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches work for Orbi systems.

Message 4 of 6
Kensington6503
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 You were absolutely right. I identified the runs to my satellites, connected them directly to the RBR, and they appear on the dashboard. Still can't use the app yet, but that is fine for now. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements