Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 960E Rebooting every 2 Minutes

306Orbi
Star

RBR 960E Rebooting every 2 Minutes

I updated to the latest firmware of My 3 year old RBR 960E Router two days ago and today my router started rebooting every 2 minutes.

Worked with Netgear tech support - first hard reset the router but no luck.

I then rolled back to one previous version firmware but problem persists.

Netgear told me to observe 24 hours and then discuss - the router is out of warranty...

Will appreciate any help on how to solve this issue..

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
306Orbi
Star

Re: RBR 960E Rebooting every 2 Minutes

Thanks for responding to my cry for help...

Turns out that one of my Araknis Switch (snap av) with OVRC (cluod management) was the culprit in this setup...

I attached a OVRC Wattbox cloud power controller to this switch and the switch got corrupted and all hell broke loose.

After the weekend of troubleshooting I took the switch of my network and all is stable.

I did roll back the firmware to October Version and let the firmware there..

So problem solved - it was not the ORBI but the Switch,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The RBRE960 isn't 3 years old. It was released in december 2022. So its 1 year and 1 month old. Unless you literally purchased it on the release date, it should be in warranty. 

Did you check your power supply for it? See if one of the satellites has a matching power supply you could see if it worked. 

After you're factory reset, are you leaving it with just the defaults running? (also, don't install it from a backup)

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 

@306Orbi wrote:

I updated to the latest firmware of My 3 year old RBR 960E Router two days ago and today my router started rebooting every 2 minutes.

Worked with Netgear tech support - first hard reset the router but no luck.

I then rolled back to one previous version firmware but problem persists.

Netgear told me to observe 24 hours and then discuss - the router is out of warranty...

Will appreciate any help on how to solve this issue..

Message 3 of 6
306Orbi
Star

Thanks for responding to my cry for help...

Turns out that one of my Araknis Switch (snap av) with OVRC (cluod management) was the culprit in this setup...

I attached a OVRC Wattbox cloud power controller to this switch and the switch got corrupted and all hell broke loose.

After the weekend of troubleshooting I took the switch of my network and all is stable.

I did roll back the firmware to October Version and let the firmware there..

So problem solved - it was not the ORBI but the Switch,

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it figured out!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7