Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR750 satellites not pairing after upgrade to 4.6.14.3

Redmumba
Tutor

RBR750 satellites not pairing after upgrade to 4.6.14.3

I've updated the satellites and the router (both) to the new version. Since doing so, I have not been able to pair the satellites. I have factory reset the whole system multiple times, and at some point it DID pair--but as soon as the satellite power cycled, it was never able to reconnect. I've:

* Hard reset both satellites and the router and gone through the setup on both the app and the website (just in case there was some issue).

* It does detect the satellites during setup, but they always appear disconnected.

* Moved the satellites into the same room just to verify positioning isn't an issue, even though it's never been an issue before.

* Used the `Sync` buttons to try and get them to connect.

This clearly seems related to the firmware version as there were absolutely none of these issues before. The version on the router and both satellites are identical down to the build version numbers (V4.6.14.3_2.3.12), and I can connect to both satellites when they are directly hardwired to the router (ruling out issues with the actual satellites).

What can I do next??

Message 1 of 8
Phyber
Luminary

When you updated the firmware did you update the satellites, individually, first? I have the same system with the same firmware version and it's been fine since updating a couple of months ago. Both of mine are hardwired now but I had one wirelessly connected and it never had any issues staying connected.

Message 2 of 8
Redmumba
Tutor

Yes, the satellites were updated first. Regardless, the whole system has been factory reset to scratch multiple times.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try syncing using the RBRs Add Satellite feature on the RBRs web page and RBS sync button in back. I'd do this one at a time with the RBS in same room as the RBR. 

Can try ethernet connecting the RBS to the RBR as well.

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy... 📡

Message 4 of 8
Redmumba
Tutor

Yes, I've tried this as well.

Wired backhaul isn't possible.

I was able to return this to Costco (after 2 years) surprisingly.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible faulty system. Thanks for letting us know. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 8
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @Redmumba ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having issues connecting your satellites to your Orbi router after a firmware update. This behavior is usually observed when the router is updated before the connected satellites. Please navigate to the attached devices page on your Orbi router then observe the attached satellites. If there are no satellites present you may need to connect directly to the satellites to manually update them to the same firmware as your router.

For step-by-step instructions on how to manually update your RBK50 please navigate to the link below:
https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

Please visit the link below for a guide on syncing the Orbi satellites to the Orbi router:

https://youtu.be/ePZSc7vnRlQ

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 7 of 8
Redmumba
Tutor

As mentioned, I have verified that all the versions were the same, and hard reset the routers several times.

I ended up returning the router to Costco (thankfully) because 2 of the 3 were essentially paperweights, which is ridiculous for an almost $500 product. This was also posted 8 months ago.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7