Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 Orbi modem and Satellite Access Issue with Browser and iOS App

mandolin37
Tutor

RBR850 Orbi modem and Satellite Access Issue with Browser and iOS App

The iOS app AND admin web login page to my RBR850 Orbi modem is broken (refused to connect error page).  However, the armor.netgear.com website SEES the router and my attached devices.

After the normal steps of rebooting (cable modem and Orbi), the admin web page still will not display and the iOS app cannot find it.  I do NOT want to reset my router and start the setup from scratch as I have MANY devices in our LAN that the family uses and I have ports setup and access restrictions to protect my family's electronics.

I do NOT understand what could have have happened when the Orbi was set to NOT automatically download firmware updates and of course the purchase was made JUST over a year ago.  I see many suggestions about factory resets (NOT the best option as it will disrupt family members and EVERYTHING will have to be re-done) and hard-wired access to the router (will NOT work when the newer laptops are WiFi ONLY).

Any OTHER suggestions besides contacting ChristineT to have a firmware update pushed to my router?  She has not responded and we had to go through a weekend without complete WiFi protection for the family and guests. 
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Orbi modem and Satellite Access Issue with Browser and iOS App

Message 2 of 4
mandolin37
Tutor

As I stated in the original message:

1) I cannot access the web browser thru 192.168.1.1 and therefore cannot tell you the firmware version. 

2) The Orbi iOS application cannot find the modem or satellite.  I have deleted and re-installed the app, but no luck

3) The router was set NOT to update to the latest firmware, but to wait for me to manually pull it from Netgear.

4) I have already followed router standard and extended reboot procedures to try and remedy the issue.

5) A factory reset is NOT a satisfactory option as it would:

a) disrupt family members

b) EVERYTHING will have to be re-done (ports, rules, family, extended-family access, etc.)

c) prevent access to the satellite router which is used by OTHER family members

6) Using an ethernet cable to connect to the router is impossible as my computer does NOT have an ethernet port

7) I purchased the RBR850 Orbi modem and Satellite JUST over a year ago, so of course it is "out of the support window"

So, is there any other option besides waiting for a single administrative person to add my serial number to a nightly push to my router?  Reading 600+ posts is NOT a valuable way for a long-time loyal customer to get support either.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to factory reset and setup from scratch to regain access to the RBR then manually update FW on the RBS first then RBR lastly if you want more immmediate access. 

Or make contact with NG support. 

Users should have a backup configuration saved to file just in case a reset is needed. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series