Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 system with 4 satellites—New modem

bhopal21
Aspirant

RBR850 system with 4 satellites—New modem

I have been advised by Xfinity to replace my current Arris SB8200 modem with the Arris S33 modem due to an increase in the speed of my service.

I am not adept at all with new technology and would appreciate any information as to the steps I will need to follow to accomplish this with the least amount of disruption.   I presently have a CAT 8 cable between my present modem and the RBR850 router.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Michael

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

After new modem is online and working, Power cycle the modem OFF along with the RBR850 for 1 minute, connect the RBR to the new modem and power ON the modem. After 30 seconds after the modem has been turned on. Power ON the RBR. If all is good on the modem, the RBRs front LED should blink WHITE then front LED should turn OFF. Meaning good connection and internet service from the modem. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

After new modem is online and working, Power cycle the modem OFF along with the RBR850 for 1 minute, connect the RBR to the new modem and power ON the modem. After 30 seconds after the modem has been turned on. Power ON the RBR. If all is good on the modem, the RBRs front LED should blink WHITE then front LED should turn OFF. Meaning good connection and internet service from the modem. 

Message 2 of 6
bhopal21
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your helpful response!👍

Michael

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it turns out. 

I'm getting ready to do same thing. Put new modem online. 😁

Message 4 of 6
bhopal21
Aspirant

Worked perfectly!   Thanks to you it was a very easy setup.

Took Xfinity around 11 minutes to recognize the new modem and around 6 min for Orbi to connect.

830Mbps throughout the house now.

Thanks again,

Michael

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7