Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS 750 no devices connect

orbiterrible
Follower

RBS 750 no devices connect

No devices connect to the satellite. Stop asking me if my satellite is 40ft away   It is. Zero support from orbi. The satellite hosts no devices ever. Finding a solution in the “forum” is a fools errand. Tell me how to connect my devices to the satellite. Don’t ask me questions. 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

@orbiterrible wrote:

No devices connect to the satellite. Stop asking me if my satellite is 40ft away----from the look of this, its your first post. No questions have been asked yet.    It is. Zero support from orbi.----since orbi is the router, I assume that you mean zero support from netgear.  The satellite hosts no devices ever. Finding a solution in the “forum” is a fools errand.---works for some.  Tell me how to connect my devices to the satellite.----use an ethernet wire. boom. connected.  Don’t ask me questions. ---The responses above had no questions. 

tough to help fix anything without asking questions. Or even attempt to help. 

You gave us minimal info other than you have an orbi and that devices aren't connecting to the satellite. 

If you're wanting help, we do need to ask questions. 

You also need to be aware that roaming between router/satellite isn't handled by the orbi itself but by your devices own roaming protocols. 

so you have an option. If you'd like help, let us ask questions. Do keep in mind that we're members of the public helping out on our own time. Being courteous is going to get your more help than being rude. 

If you'd prefer to go through support, you can do that as well. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is the RBS wireless or wire connected to the RBR? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Devices maybe picking the RBR to connect to rather than the RBS. Its UP to devices to pick and choose where they connect too. If you go near the RBS, disable the wifi radion on the phone or pad for 5 seconds then re-enable. The device should connect to the RBS. 

Forums are here to help. Questions are necessary so we can help you figure out what's wrong. It's hard to help if we don't have more information. This goes for any wifi router system. 

@orbiterrible wrote:

No devices connect to the satellite. Stop asking me if my satellite is 40ft away   It is. Zero support from orbi. The satellite hosts no devices ever. Finding a solution in the “forum” is a fools errand. Tell me how to connect my devices to the satellite. Don’t ask me questions. 

Message 3 of 4
tucsontico
Virtuoso

The primary reason for satellites not connecting devices is a lack of communication between the router and the sats. This can be caused by several things. Normally, it is due to an improper sync between the router and the sats. Try to re-snyc them first. If that doesn't solve it, be certain that the router and sats are on the exact same firmware version. If not, update the sats first, then the router. If none of this works for you, it is most likely a hardware problem. Return them system and get a new Orbi or another manufacturer"s device. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7