Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS 750 "Out of sync"

Zooss
Tutor

RBS 750 "Out of sync"

Received a replacement RBR750 due to RMA, but kept original satellites. One satellite syncs, but the 2nd will not sync and only syncs when pluged in via ethernet. When logged into router via PC, it shows as connected wireless (when wired in) and the backhaul status is "out of sync". When I remove the ethernet cable from satellite, the router light turns solid magenta and the status becomes "disconnected". I would like to use both satellites via wireless backhaul.

Firmware for router and both satellites are v4.6.3.7.

Have reset and power cycled all devices, repeating setup over again. Have tried with satellites in same and other rooms. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Turn OFF the 1 RBS. Select REMOVE from the RBRs web page for the "disconnected" RBS. Factory reset the RBS and place the RBS near or in same room as the RBR and re-sync it. Press the sync button on the RBS first then RBR. 

Keep checking the RBRs web page for sync status. Should get GOOD. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Turn OFF the 1 RBS. Select REMOVE from the RBRs web page for the "disconnected" RBS. Factory reset the RBS and place the RBS near or in same room as the RBR and re-sync it. Press the sync button on the RBS first then RBR. 

Keep checking the RBRs web page for sync status. Should get GOOD. 

Message 2 of 5
Zooss
Tutor

Just did this again and got a solid magenta light on RBS while RBR is pulsing white. Satellite 2 is not showing up in web interface. 

Message 3 of 5
Zooss
Tutor

Did it a few more times, waited a long time after pressing sync and the magenta light went away eventually. Not sure what finally did it, but thank you for your reply and help. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working.

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Enjoy.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7