Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS350 satellite connectivity issues

Retired_Member
Not applicable

RBS350 satellite connectivity issues

Hi Netgear community,

i have an RBR350 and 2x RBS350 satellites (WiFi6 dual band mesh system). I installed the satellites in the roof cavity of my home at the furthest points of the roof and have the RBR350 in the center of the house next to the ONT. Satellites are both wired backhaul and when accessing the router it says the connection is good between both. I have an external shed which has a wifi printer, smart tv and security cameras they are all approx 8 - 10m away from the satellite in the roof but are not staying connected and only have 1 bar of signal in the shed. my other satellite has no issues connecting devices and is set up similar to the other one with devices that are further away from the satellite.

Has anyone setup their system the same? or has anyone encountered signal issues with their system. I have tried resets, power cycling, resyncing etc with no improvement.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RBS350 satellite connectivity issues

So its only devices in the detached building that are having issues? 
My bet would be on the exterior walls of both. Exterior walls tend to be made with materials that do a great job of blocking wifi. LIke cement board, brick, adobe, foil lined insulation, metal siding,etc. 

If its only the devices in the detached having issues, I'd be betting on that being the problem. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series