Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS350 satellites losing connection to RBR750

tawiii
Follower

RBS350 satellites losing connection to RBR750

I have been using this system for almost a year now and recently have started encountering issues with the satellites connecting and disconnecting with the router.  The satellites show up under attached devices as disconnected.  The light on the satellites will show blue for about 3-5 minutes and then start flashing white again as if they are attempting to reconnect.  

I have deleted the satellites from the device list and re-synced, as well as done a factory reset.

I have checked the firmware for the RBR750 and it appears to be up-to-date 7.2.6.21.  The satellites will not stay connected long enough for me to find out what version firmware they have.  I have read on one post that an older firmware might need to be used and in another that using older firmware is not recommended.

At one point I had the satellites within 10 feet of the router so distance is not an issue.

Looking for suggestions.

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBS350 satellites losing connection to RBR750

Perhaps connecting a satellite to the router with an Ethernet cable will allow you to connect to the satellite web interface and view the firmware version?  Satellite use the same credentials as the router: "admin" and the router password.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS350 satellites losing connection to RBR750

You'll need to downgrade the RBR back to v4 FW.

FYI:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/New-RBK653-Firmware-Version-4-6-14-...

Please review the NOTES from this link.

@tawiii wrote:

I have been using this system for almost a year now and recently have started encountering issues with the satellites connecting and disconnecting with the router.  The satellites show up under attached devices as disconnected.  The light on the satellites will show blue for about 3-5 minutes and then start flashing white again as if they are attempting to reconnect.  

I have deleted the satellites from the device list and re-synced, as well as done a factory reset.

I have checked the firmware for the RBR750 and it appears to be up-to-date 7.2.6.21.  The satellites will not stay connected long enough for me to find out what version firmware they have.  I have read on one post that an older firmware might need to be used and in another that using older firmware is not recommended.

At one point I had the satellites within 10 feet of the router so distance is not an issue.

Looking for suggestions.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7