Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS760 AP MODE not working right, best hardwired signal?

Number2
Aspirant

RBS760 AP MODE not working right, best hardwired signal?

Hello,I recently bought the Orbi RBS760 router and 2 satellite, I only had a xfinity modem/router for a work from home/gamer house ,found out we had over 35 devices on just that router and wasn't getting enough Data so we went the orbi route..I hooked everything up and put the Gateway/xfinity modem/router.in bridge mode and connected the Gateway and the orbi ehthernet/lan port to ethernet/ lanport. I was told to put [orbi] in AP mode ,so I went into orbilogin and put into AP ,it asked to APPLY I did so ,then it restarted both and came back on but when they did, the wifi name came up but said it couldn't connect to internet. PLEASE IM NOT TECH SAVY ,PLEASE help me.. im on the otherside of the house hardwired to a satellite just in router/Bridge mode and my download speeds are higher on wifi and not hardwired.. help please anyone.
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS760 AP MODE not working right, best hardwired signal?

The ISP gateway router needs to be in router mode, not bridge mode, if you use the Orbi system in AP mode.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9

All Replies
Number2
Aspirant

This is me again forgot to say the speeds I'm getting, with my new upgrade from xfinity my package is 1200mpbs, I test my download speed hardwired 75 mbps and wifi 122mpbs, is this normal? doesn't feel right
Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

The ISP gateway router needs to be in router mode if you use the Orbi system in AP mode. If you can put the ISP gateway into bridge or modem only mode, then you can use the Orbi system in router mode, not AP mode. Contact the ISP for help and information regarding there gateway router and bridge or modem only modes to have them help you with this. 

Message 3 of 9
Number2
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick reply, I can get the ISP gateway into bridge mode, but when I try to put the orbi into AP MODE , the Gateway and the orbi restart and then the wifi SSID comes up but no internet, so I went back to the beginning and left it alone.. but I think that I'm not getting what I'm paying for.. will the ISP come to set this up for me being that I bought the Orbi myself. again thank you for your help.
Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

The ISP gateway router needs to be in router mode, not bridge mode, if you use the Orbi system in AP mode.

Message 5 of 9
Number2
Aspirant

Thank you just re read that a second time . sorry bout that, I appreciate your help
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 7 of 9
Number2
Aspirant

That worked thank you very much Speeds went up tremendously and it's now in AP mode ,did exactly what you said Thanks Again.
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7