Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satellites won't connect RBR853

roxyroo
Tutor

Satellites won't connect RBR853

I tried to activate the guest network on my 853 for the first time ever yesterday and the entire system crashed.  Finally turned off the guest network but now the satellites won't connect again.  They use the wireless backhaul.  Did the dance of pushing the sync buttons but with no luck at all.  Even tried moving on very close to the router and still no luck.  What now?

Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep in touch with them about Armor. Not much else we can do here to help with that.

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor
Enjoy. 📡

@roxyroo wrote:

Over three hours on the phone with Pro Support at Netgear and they finally have it up and running.  Lost count of how many times we had to reset and wipe out and then use ethernet cables rather than wireless backhaul to get it to work.  All good now, except they still don't have Armor working.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 17

All Replies
plemans
Guru

have you tried factory resetting the satellite and then re-pairing? 

To reset, push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while fully powered on. 

Message 2 of 17
roxyroo
Tutor

Just tried that on one of them.  The app gets me to the screen of Detecting Satellites.  I even move the one I want to connect into the same room with the router.  During the process the white light is flashing on both the router and satellite.  Then the screen comes back saying saellite not found and a color code chart for blue, amber or magenta.  The satellite is still flashing white though.Just tried to pair again and now the light on the satefllite is soid blue during the process.  But it still says satellite not found and end of process even though light is solid blue.

Message 3 of 17
plemans
Guru

have you tried through the browser and not through the app? You can even check to see if its paired on there. maybe the app is mis-displaying it

Message 4 of 17
roxyroo
Tutor

When I go into the browser it shows both satellites as being disconnected.   I remove them,  How do you connect them in the browser? I went through the process both in the app and in the browser and they will not connect.  This is geting old 😞

Message 5 of 17
McLong
Apprentice

I had the exact same problem with both satellites showing out of sync this morning and only half my devices showing as devices connected. When I disconnected the power from the satellites I lost internet on the devices that were wirelessly connected which leads me to believe the GUI interfaces for App and browser are showing incorrect information. Hard reset everything an hour ago and haven't checked the interface again.
Message 6 of 17
roxyroo
Tutor

Everything in the house appears to be connected to the main unit.  The sats have now been removed and I cannot get them to connect from either app or browser.  ARG !!!

Message 7 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Did you bring the RBS to the same room as the RBR and try to sync them while near the RBR one at a time? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@roxyroo wrote:

Everything in the house appears to be connected to the main unit.  The sats have now been removed and I cannot get them to connect from either app or browser.  ARG !!!

Message 8 of 17
roxyroo
Tutor

Firmware is and has been when working v4.6.3.16_2.0.51

The ATT Gateway is a BGW210 and it is set up for pass thru with Wifi off, everything is working on ethernet ports from orbi just fine.

The satellite right now is in the same room about two feet from the 850 unit as tech support asked me to have.  It was about 30 feet away and another about 50 feet away.  Including garage house is around 5,000 sqft

Message 9 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, so were you able to get them to sync FULLY while in same room as the RBR? If you can do this, wait for the front BLUE LED to turn OFF, then power them OFF then place back in same remote locations, they should re-connect and operate normally. 

Message 10 of 17
roxyroo
Tutor

No they would not sync.  I was on the phone with pro support for a long time trying all sorts of things and then the call got disconnected.  He had my number but never called back.  Very frustrating.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Ok, so were you able to get them to sync FULLY while in same room as the RBR? If you can do this, wait for the front BLUE LED to turn OFF, then power them OFF then place back in same remote locations, they should re-connect and operate normally. 

Message 11 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, has a full reset and setup from scratch been performed on the RBR yet? 

Message 12 of 17
roxyroo
Tutor

Over three hours on the phone with Pro Support at Netgear and they finally have it up and running.  Lost count of how many times we had to reset and wipe out and then use ethernet cables rather than wireless backhaul to get it to work.  All good now, except they still don't have Armor working.

Message 13 of 17
plemans
Guru

Glad you have it back up and running. 

Sadly, support is who you need to go through for Armor. 

To get a hold of support for subscriptions services like Armor/Circle, click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process.
Click on: My Support---->Contact Support---->Get help with my subscription service

Message 14 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep in touch with them about Armor. Not much else we can do here to help with that.

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor
Enjoy. 📡

@roxyroo wrote:

Message 15 of 17
roxyroo
Tutor

Thanks so much.  Dealing with their support, even the pro support has been nothing but frustration.  Half the time I can barely understand their broken english.  Today I got a guy that seemed good, I even made sure he had my number in case we got disconnected.  After about an hour the connection broke and he never called me back.  Then I had a woman who was even better, finally.  I think we went through everything possible on both satellites over almost three hours.  She finally got it to work, hope I never have this issue again after spending this much money on this gear.

Thanks.

Message 16 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
Enjoy. 📡

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series