Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying get formal support for my Orbi but always the same error message.

Trying get formal support for my Orbi but always the same error message.

Hi all. Trying log a case with Netgear for support but getting the following error all the time. Have tried different browsers and indeed two machines and the same error.

I can log in, I can select Support, I can find my list of products and I can select it.

moonwatcher64_0-1661192110702.png

I can see my products in the drop down box and indeed I can see my Orbi RBS853 serial number

moonwatcher64_1-1661192234112.pngmoonwatcher64_2-1661192271212.png

But when I click on purchase a contract, I get this every time .....

moonwatcher64_3-1661192330018.png

I have indeed cleared out all cookies and did some housekeeping but has made no difference.

I also tried on the Orbi app but also not allowing me any way to progress. Anyone at Netgear able to get me on the right path please? I thought I had payable support for the product but turns out it has expired. I have the virus and security stuff. Have to pay for it and access support but cannot even get to that point.

Screenshot_20220821-193828.pngScreenshot_20220821-193844.png

The Orbi's are working but have some support questions I need some answers to. Don't think they are so complex and will ask here as well but would like to know what when I do need proper support that I can do so reliably.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Trying get formal support for my Orbi but always the same error message.

The orbi support guys on here are pretty good. I'd start with the questions on here before paying $ for it. 

Sometimes its better on here than l1/l2 do. 

Message 2 of 9

Oh for sure and very much appreciated. But my point is I cannot log anything to Netgear and getting the error shown all day. Support from guys on here is of course great.

Interestingly since posting that message, I tried again and my request for support was successful ... at least the logging of it. Bit strange but at least a step forward.

I have now started a logged case but absolutely more than happy get support from the community.

EDIT: actually a small correction, still having problems opening a case. Turns out what I did was to (accidently) request a hardware replacement. But at least I got a log number back.

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try sending a forum moderator a PM:

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the suggestion Furrye38. 

Excuse my lack of familiarity but could you show where I can do that? I have used PM function on other web sites but it's not jumping out to me where I might do it on Netgear Community.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

You can select there tagged user name and go to there profile page. Select Send this user a private message button and type away at them. 

Message 6 of 9
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @moonwatcher64,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 

I understand that you have questions about your RBR850. What questions do you have regarding your RBR850?

Please PM me your ticket number so I can assist in getting the support you desire.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 7 of 9

Hi Kevin, and many thanks for coming back to me.

All attempts to log my issue failed with the error screen shown in the post. 

I tried again a short while ago and mistakendly logged a HW replacement request. But it did at least register. 

Essentially I want to open a support case for my RBR853 which works but I think I have some FW issues, some identification issues and a need to link to a 2.4 G device that is failing just now despite strong signal and close proximity.

Happy to pay for premium support or use normal support.

Many thanks in advance

Message 8 of 9
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @moonwatcher64,

Thank you for that information. In the future please do not post case details on our forums. 

To send a PM click on my username then on the next page select "Send this user a private message".

Please PM me the following information so that I can endorse you to our support team:

Email:

Phone Number:

Device Model:

Firmware:

Serial Number:

Preferred time to be contacted:

App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7