Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973
Reply

Using this site with Safari

VerneArase
Apprentice

Using this site with Safari

Sigh ... I notice you still can't specify RBR850 as your router.

 

Anyway, does anyone else have trouble activating the bell icon at the top of the screen with Safari? Every time I hover over the bell in Chrome and click it works fine, but when I hover over the bell in Safari some kind of international popup menu appears obscuring the bell.

 

Can we get NetGear to fix this?

 

Obviously there's some kind of browser specific code being triggered since I've never seen Safari do this anywhere else.

 

-- Thanks, Verne

 

P.S. Will Netgear even promote the RBR850 to a first class citizen? I know they can't sell to many of them because of the outrageous price tag (compared to other wifi mesh routers with a similar feature set), but it would be nice if I didn't have to say I'm still back on my RBR50.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Using this site with Safari

Well if the "bell" icon is working in Chrome and not in Apples Safari, you need to contact Apple about that. Thats a Apple issue, not NG. 

 

What is this 'bell' Icon you refer too? Do you mean the secure Lock? 

 

Not sure what your referring to in regards to the RBR850. My RBK853 is working fine for me. 


@VerneArase wrote:

Sigh ... I notice you still can't specify RBR850 as your router.

 

Anyway, does anyone else have trouble activating the bell icon at the top of the screen with Safari? Every time I hover over the bell in Chrome and click it works fine, but when I hover over the bell in Safari some kind of international popup menu appears obscuring the bell.

 

Can we get NetGear to fix this?

 

Obviously there's some kind of browser specific code being triggered since I've never seen Safari do this anywhere else.

 

-- Thanks, Verne

 

P.S. Will Netgear even promote the RBR850 to a first class citizen? I know they can't sell to many of them because of the outrageous price tag (compared to other wifi mesh routers with a similar feature set), but it would be nice if I didn't have to say I'm still back on my RBR50.


 

Message 2 of 8
BoilerPlate
Apprentice

Re: Using this site with Safari

I believe the user maybe referencing the Notifications bell icon next to the Messages envelope icon. 

If so, this icon is working for me in Safari v13.1. OSX 10.14.6. 

I can click on either icon and the function works. 

Sign, Maybe look into more of your configuration or Safari before placing blame on NG or apple. 


@VerneArase wrote:

Sigh ... I notice you still can't specify RBR850 as your router.

 

Anyway, does anyone else have trouble activating the bell icon at the top of the screen with Safari? Every time I hover over the bell in Chrome and click it works fine, but when I hover over the bell in Safari some kind of international popup menu appears obscuring the bell.

 

Can we get NetGear to fix this?

 

Obviously there's some kind of browser specific code being triggered since I've never seen Safari do this anywhere else.

 

-- Thanks, Verne

 

P.S. Will Netgear even promote the RBR850 to a first class citizen? I know they can't sell to many of them because of the outrageous price tag (compared to other wifi mesh routers with a similar feature set), but it would be nice if I didn't have to say I'm still back on my RBR50.


 

Message 3 of 8
VerneArase
Apprentice

Re: Using this site with Safari

I'm using macOS 10.15.5 and Safari 13.1.1 (15609.2.9.1.2) - the latest version of Catalina.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Using this site with Safari

OSX 11.0 beta and Safari v14.0 is working for me. 

Message 5 of 8
VerneArase
Apprentice

Re: Using this site with Safari


@FURRYe38 wrote:

OSX 11.0 beta and Safari v14.0 is working for me. 


Oy ... you're running Big Sur beta 1?

 

Brave man: Bondo in the driver's door is a sign of courage.

 

How's that working out for you? Have you had any problems?

 

-- Thanks, Verne

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 6 of 8
VerneArase
Apprentice

Re: Using this site with Safari


@BoilerPlate wrote:

I believe the user maybe referencing the Notifications bell icon next to the Messages envelope icon. 

If so, this icon is working for me in Safari v13.1. OSX 10.14.6. 

I can click on either icon and the function works. 

Sign, Maybe look into more of your configuration or Safari before placing blame on NG or apple. 

 

Huh, you're right.

 

A plain-jane 10.15.5 has no problems.

 

I wonder what it is that could cause a language pop-up appear whenever I hover over the notification bell icon?


 


 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Using this site with Safari

I get that too when I near the bell icon. If your mouse gets closer to the language flag, it seems to come down even though you may not select it. I have to move my mouse to the lower far right up below the bell then the language doesn't pop down. Seems like the language flag icon could be tuned better. Seems too sensitive. Just be sure to move the mouse cursor from below the bell icon. 

 

 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1433 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series