Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Cutouts in 2.4Ghz band

Engladian
Tutor

WiFi Cutouts in 2.4Ghz band

I have an RBK 752 system running firmware 4.6.5.14 and connected to Teksavvy cable internet here in Canada. I've been having an issue for some weeks where the WiFi signal will suddenly drop to 0 for a few seconds but only on the 2.4ghz band. I've been monitoring this from a WiFi analyzer app on my Mac and this seems to mostly happen on the Orbi satellite, but I've also noticed it happen occasionally on the Orbi router too. I've also seen some strange behaviour with guest networks: I have guest network disabled currently but every so often the WiFi analyzer will 'see' the guest network and I can see it in the list of wireless networks reported by my Mac too.

So far I've tried manually changing the 2.4ghz channel and completely resetting the Orbi satellite. Before I go ahead and reset the entire system are there any other suggestions anyone has?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: WiFi Cutouts in 2.4Ghz band

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Turn off AX for 2.4Ghz on the RBR.
CTS set to 2347 on the RBR. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7