Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: axe11000 Device connection issues

Dtm316
Guide

axe11000 Device connection issues

hello all. First timer here. I have the orbi axe 11000 with the router and 2 satellites connected. I have a pc and a PlayStation that have connection issues. It seems to be switching between a further away satellite and the router. The orbi app currently says it’s not connected but the settings on the ps4 say the signal is 100% and connected to the 5ghz network. The app also show no IP address I also have been having some smart home devices having difficulty. I’m an apple HomeKit user so everything has to be on the same network for it to work properly. I have noticed I have to turn off the 5ghz add the device then reconnect the 5ghz network. Firmware is 6.0.3.68.
Message 1 of 10
Alice1234
Aspirant

i was facing the same!! seems like you are having a same issue!! Toys R Us Credit Card 

Message 2 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@Dtm316 wrote:
hello all. First timer here. I have the orbi axe 11000 with the router and 2 satellites connected. I have a pc and a PlayStation that have connection issues. It seems to be switching between a further away satellite and the router. The orbi app currently says it’s not connected but the settings on the ps4 say the signal is 100% and connected to the 5ghz network. The app also show no IP address I also have been having some smart home devices having difficulty. I’m an apple HomeKit user so everything has to be on the same network for it to work properly. I have noticed I have to turn off the 5ghz add the device then reconnect the 5ghz network. Firmware is 6.0.3.68.

Message 3 of 10
Dtm316
Guide

Modem is NETGEAR cm205v
Home is about 1400sqft
Satellite 1 is located on the same floor 30-40 feet away from the router.
Satellite 2 is on the second floor Also about 35 feet away from the router.

Home is Sheetrock and wood studs

Should I turn the power to 50% for the 2.4 or the 5ghz?
Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

@Dtm316 wrote:
Modem is NETGEAR cm205v
Home is about 1400sqft <For this size of home, you may only need the RBR. The additional RBS maybe over saturating the are with too much wifi. I have a 5000sq ft home and I can get away with running the RBR and just 1 RBS. 
Satellite 1 is located on the same floor 30-40 feet away from the router.
Satellite 2 is on the second floor Also about 35 feet away from the router.
What happens if you turn OFF 1 of the RBS? Try the one on the same floor as the RBR.
Home is Sheetrock and wood studs

Should I turn the power to 50% for the 2.4 or the 5ghz? Both radios.

Message 5 of 10
Dtm316
Guide

Thanks for the reply.  I unplugged the RBS on the first floor and moved the one on the second floor to the furthest spot possible away from the RBR.  I cut the power to 50% on both networks as well.  Will monitor over the next few days and report back.

Message 6 of 10
Dtm316
Guide

So a quick follow up. I’m extremely annoyed with this system. I disconnected the satellite on the first floor and hardwired 2 PlayStations into the second floor satellite. 1 gets over 200mbps down, the other is getting 80. I have multiple smart home devices that I cannot update for. There are 2 rokus on the second floor that have buffering problems. I didn’t spend 1500 bucks to have headaches. I’m ready to return this system and buy the linksys 6e system.
Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

There is a new FW update available to try:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBKE9-Series-RBRE960-RBSE960-Fir...

@Dtm316 wrote:

Message 8 of 10
Dtm316
Guide

I returned my orbi and have set up a linksys axe router. Been running a week with no issues
Message 9 of 10
Mikey94025
Hero

My RBKE963 AXE11000 router is working great, uptime is 9 days on the latest V6.0.3.82 firmware version.  No issues.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7