Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Battery Message

Rudy386
Aspirant

Battery Message

My Orbi Voice has begun annoucing "battery low".  But as far as I know there is no battery. I do not beleive my Orbi RBR50 router and satellite have batteries either.  Any ideas on why my Orbi voice would issue such a warning?    

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Correct. No batteries in Orbi's.

We started hearing "Low Battery... Low Battery" and took a while to realize it was a cordless phone.

I only use one Alexa skill on my Orbi Voice ("play...")  Could it be Alexa announcing that some device in the house has a low battery?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Correct. No batteries in Orbi's.

We started hearing "Low Battery... Low Battery" and took a while to realize it was a cordless phone.

I only use one Alexa skill on my Orbi Voice ("play...")  Could it be Alexa announcing that some device in the house has a low battery?

Message 2 of 3
Rudy386
Aspirant

That's exactly what it was.  There is also a Panasonic cordless sitting on the credenza with the ringer and annoucemnts turned off.  Never hear anything from that phone unless we use it. I realized the annoucement was occurring at the top of every hour so I laid in wait. We also have Nest fire/smoke/CO2 alarms and thought maybe they were pushing out the warning.        Ding, it  was the phone!    Thank you for the reply CrimpOn!  

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7