Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Close ports on RBS50

SheridanG
Follower

Close ports on RBS50

Hi,

I use Fing app for security and it is warning me that I have a number of open ports, please see Fing Screenshot. Just how to do that? I have looked at the UPnP page and the port forwarding / port triggering page and there seems to be no function to close or remove those open ports. I have 'blocked services' on the Security | Block services page by adding the corresponding port numbers. Will this work?

Is this a threat?

Thanks for all help.

Sheridan

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Close ports on RBS50

Well, crud.  Router Vulnerability Check is a Paid feature of this product.

This shows clearly that the UPnP feature is not enabled on the router.

My guess is that these 'open ports' have been created by devices on the network when they connect to services on the internet.

Kevin's phone is obviously a smartphone.

What is BRT-W09?

There is a different screen that will show the ports that are open on the LAN side of the router, which include:

53 DNS

80 HTTP

443 HTTPS

and more.. except that I appear to have used up my 'Credits' for today (unless I sign up $$$)

These are all normal.

My guess.... No Problem.

Message 2 of 3
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Close ports on RBS50

@SheridanG wrote:

Hi,

I use Fing app for security and it is warning me that I have a number of open ports, please see Fing Screenshot. Just how to do that? I have looked at the UPnP page and the port forwarding / port triggering page and there seems to be no function to close or remove those open ports.

I agree with the other response.  This seems to be telling you that at some time in the past traffic occurred on those ports, likely due to an app you were running at the time, but it is not a persistent open port via Orbi.  You can also check using a website like https://canyouseeme.org/ whether one of those listed ports is open right now.  I suspect it will report it unable to connect (i.e., closed) so no problem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7