Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuration of multiple RBK50 units with ethernet backhaul

Ellkabong
Follower

Configuration of multiple RBK50 units with ethernet backhaul

I bought 2 - 2 packs, so all 4 units have 4 ports and supposedly 1 is WAN and the other 3 are LAN.  So when I install the "main" one to take the place of my old router, and if using ethernet backhaul on the other 3, does it self-configure the backhaul over the WAN cord (one of the LAN plugs off of the main) and then computers and tv's and things can be pluged into the other LAN jacks of any of the units?  Or if it is self configuring, can they be randomely connected? or does configuration need to be done within the settings?  My building is wired with CAT6 so I will use ethernet backhaul for the best performance.  Thanks a lot for any answers,  Ellkabong

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Configuration of multiple RBK50 units with ethernet backhaul

The WAN port is for connection with the ISP modem/ONT services hardware. IF your using AP mode then I believe the WAN port becomes just a LAN port. Backhaul is done over the LAN ports and self configured when plugged in. Takes about 2-5 minutes then the Satellite should be ready for ethernet backhaul.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7