× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting Orbi to iAquaLink pool system

silver123
Aspirant

Re: Connecting Orbi to iAquaLink pool system

@FURRYe38 

Here's the att router settings, the wifi is completely turned off already

The orbi is already in router mode

Not sure how to bridge the modem nor set up DMZ (nor what DMZ means)

What problems would someone be having by leaving it the way it is, what are the symptoms of a double NAT?

Message 26 of 93
ekhalil
Master

@silver123 wrote:

@ekhalil  On the antenna itself you can watch the wifi LED turn off as soon as you access the app on the phone (or computer)

On the Orbi app you can see it in connected devices, it does take a few minutes to refresh then it goes away, and about 30 minutes later it pops back up and shows connected on the Antenna LED and it's listed in active devices (until you try to access the app again)

read my experiments maybe that will give you more answers.

Thanks @silver123 . This can be something wrong with the app cooperating with the phone OS and Orbi at the same time. The app needs to connect to the iAquaLink wifi network then pass the Orbi wifi credintials to the iAquaLink, and many things can go wrong here!

Instead, it should be much easier and straight forward to use the WPS method (since you will not need the app) as follows (from iAquaLink manual):

iAquaLink.PNG

In Orbi you need just to push the Sync button on the back of Orbi once to start WPS procedure.

Message 27 of 93
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the DMZ+ mode for the Orbi.

Please reivew the links about DMZ and NAT.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Networking-101-The-DMZ-137550

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/nat.htm

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/fixing_double_nat.htm

Double NAT can cuase connection problems with internet services and recourses. Remote connections from remote place to your home will be a problem as well. Viewing cameras if you have cameras, controlling IoT devices will be problematic when in a double NAT condition. 

@silver123 wrote:

@FURRYe38 

Here's the att router settings, the wifi is completely turned off already

The orbi is already in router mode

Not sure how to bridge the modem nor set up DMZ (nor what DMZ means)

What problems would someone be having by leaving it the way it is, what are the symptoms of a double NAT?

Message 28 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

Thanks for the input so far, I have to get back to work this is really helpful but I gotta get my work done so I will revisit this after work hours.

For what its worth, I'm currently operating

Lutron

Roomba

Rainbird

Chamberlain garage doors

Nest

2 Pioneer receivers

Sonos system

5 rokus

I have no issues every operating any of these items inside the house or while away from home, I have no issues accessing any websites, there's not a single hint that anything is amiss besides the iaqualink, but that being said, I do want to re-configure it to continue with experimenting at the very least if I can get it stable on the orbi I can report back to the Jandy company so they can learn this for future customers, as I'm not the only one with this exact same issue there are probably half a dozen customers with the same exact symptoms...kind of interesting that that's all I was able to find, but that's what makes the resolution more difficult to achieve and hopefully I'll be the person who brings the answer to the other customers with y'alls help.

Message 29 of 93
ekhalil
Master

@silver123 wrote:

Lutron

Roomba

Rainbird

Chamberlain garage doors

Nest

2 Pioneer receivers

Sonos system

5 rokus

If all these device work correctly and -specially- that you can control them remotely then I guess that your ISP router -most probably- is already set to DMZ mode, and this can be just an integration issue with the iAquaLink.

Please try the WPS suggestion above and see if that helps.

Message 30 of 93
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes later on. Hope this helps.

@silver123 wrote:

Thanks for the input so far, I have to get back to work this is really helpful but I gotta get my work done so I will revisit this after work hours.

Lutron

Roomba

Rainbird

Chamberlain garage doors

Nest

2 Pioneer receivers

Sonos system

5 rokus

I have no issues every operating any of these items inside the house or while away from home, I have no issues accessing any websites, there's not a single hint that anything is amiss besides the iaqualink, but that being said, I do want to re-configure it to continue with experimenting at the very least if I can get it stable on the orbi I can report back to the Jandy company so they can learn this for future customers, as I'm not the only one with this exact same issue there are probably half a dozen customers with the same exact symptoms...kind of interesting that that's all I was able to find, but that's what makes the resolution more difficult to achieve and hopefully I'll be the person who brings the answer to the other customers with y'alls help.

Message 31 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

I followed the directions on this youtube link to move the att router into dmz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q0Q2alkzcY

after doing that I unplugged the nighthawk so the only wifi is the orbi, I re-established connection from the iaqualink to the orbi, which it connected, then the very second I accessed the app it dropped just like before, no improvement.

Message 32 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

@ekhalil 

I did the normal way of connecting so since that did not work I will do the wps method an report back in a few

Message 33 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

@ekhalil  I used the wps method of connection, still kicks off when you access the app.

so what's next fellas LOL

Message 34 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

at the end of his video he shows his IPconfig and it's not the same as mine, I don't know if this indicates an issue but it's not the same formatting so just going to post both, his is named Glasscock (his last name)

Please see the attachments and let me know if this is an indicator of an issue or not.

Message 35 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

guess you can't poste 2 attachments on one post

Message 36 of 93
ekhalil
Master

I watched this video: https://youtu.be/UWey8qOOW-U
- Which one of the ipconfig’s is yours, the 10.0.0.x or 192.168.1.x?
- After the setup, instead of using the app- will you be able to reach your device by logging in to iaqualink.com?
- Seems that the iaqualink cloud needs to establishe a vpn to your device, and the issue might actually be there.
Message 37 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

@ekhalil mine is the 10.0.0.x and he's showing his is 192.168,  why is mine 2 digit format rather then the normal 192.168

Accessing the system via the computer was possible before and it kicked the antenna offline before I made any changes to the system, not sure if it will do the same now.

It's been 20 min or so since it kicked offline so it's back online, I can access with the iphone app / computer website but it's only a matter of time before it kicks off again based on experience thus far.

Message 38 of 93
ekhalil
Master

So when you can reach to the device will you be able to do any settings or config changes before you get kicked off?
Message 39 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

@ekhalil it seems that as soon as you connect the antenna to the router, and access the app, it kicks off instantly, then after 30 min when it re-establishes connection, you can reopen the app, and make changes to the configuration, turn things on and off/ play in the app for a while then it will at some point disconnect again.  it's been stable for about 10 minutes or so thus far.

Message 40 of 93
ekhalil
Master

Is your ISP supporting IPv6? If not then please disable IPv6 in Orbi and -if possible- in the ISP router.
Message 41 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

@ekhalil it just went offline while accessing from the website, not iphone, so it lasted less then 1 hour before losing connection

Message 42 of 93
ekhalil
Master

@silver123 wrote:

@ekhalil it just went offline while accessing from the website, not iphone, so it lasted less then 1 hour before losing connection

The fact that you -sometimes- can reach the device makes me think nothing is wrong with routing. 

One thing I would like to check is the IPv6 settings in Orbi and the ISP router, do both routers have IPv6 enabled or disabled?

Message 43 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

If you can explain why the ipv6 would matter I would go check it, just a quick google search shows that there's lots of reasons not to turn off ipv6, and yes, any reccomendations I'm receiving here I'm researching before implementing them.

If it's not the orbi at fault, then why would the iaqualink be 100% stable connection to the nighthawk and the uverse(temporariliy turned on wifi for those devices to test it out)

Message 44 of 93
Chuck_M
Mentor

At this stage, I think checking V6 would be a normal and reasonable part of troubleshooting by this voluntary community who helps people who need assistance outside of NG tech support...   

Seems like other settings have already been checked which could effect your network.

I dont think he was advocating leaving it off, but perhaps that would indicate where the issue is or is not.

Since you are the person with the issue, your willingness to participate in troubleshooting is up to you.

If I were in your situation, I would give it a shot.

Message 45 of 93
ekhalil
Master

@silver123 wrote:

If you can explain why the ipv6 would matter I would go check it, just a quick google search shows that there's lots of reasons not to turn off ipv6, and yes, any reccomendations I'm receiving here I'm researching before implementing them.

If it's not the orbi at fault, then why would the iaqualink be 100% stable connection to the nighthawk and the uverse(temporariliy turned on wifi for those devices to test it out)

I'm not asking to turn IPv6 off. I'm just asking to check that both Orbi and the ISP router have the same IPv6 settings. If Orbi has IPv6 enabled then I would like to see that the ISP router also has IPv6 enabled. The same if disabled.

Do you know if your ISP supports IPv6?

Message 46 of 93
Chuck_M
Mentor

can you access the web interface of your equipment without it dropping off line?  According to your owners manual, 

Web Browser Interface
Using your personal computer or laptop, you can use
the iAquaLink web interface to program, customize,
control, and configure every device and feature
available with your AquaLink control systems.
NOTE: The Web Browser Interface is not available for use
with the AquaLink Z4 controller.
How to Access the Web Browser Interface:
▪ Go to www.iAquaLink.com and login to enter the
"Welcome to iAquaLink Owner's Center".
▪ Select the "Locations" tab to display the iAquaLink
Owner's Center. If your device is not listed, click "Add
Location" and follow the online instructions.
▪ Once your device is added, click on it to access the
HOME screen of your iAquaLink Web Interface

Message 47 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

@Chuck_M  sure I get that, but at the same time, explaining why the recommendation is being made is helpful.

Message 48 of 93
silver123
Aspirant

@Chuck_M Yes while accessing the equipment via the website it kicked me off the router today and previous attempts.

Message 49 of 93
Chuck_M
Mentor

that is helpful to know in the diagnosing process... that it is regardless of how the controller is accessed.

Message 50 of 93
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 92 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series