Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connecting a wireless point to ORBI via Ethernet

Jonathanmarsh
Aspirant

Connecting a wireless point to ORBI via Ethernet

If I connect a wireless access point with 4 port switch to my ORBI via an ethernet cable will the network name be different from ORBI? I assume it would be the network name of the new wireless access point.

Is there a way to make it the same as the ORBI network name?

I have a barn that I will be running a 75m CAT6 ethernet cable to, and connecting to an access point to network my CCTV and alarms.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Either would work.

If your barn is far enough away that its not picking up wifi from the primary orbi setup, you'd be able to use the same wifi and have it connect. 

But using the same orbi setup isn't a bad idea either as it tends to be an ease of setup and maintance. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Jonathanmarsh
Aspirant

I think I should buy another ORBI Satellite and connect it via the ethernet. That would give me the same SSID throughout and wired ports in the barn.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Either would work.

If your barn is far enough away that its not picking up wifi from the primary orbi setup, you'd be able to use the same wifi and have it connect. 

But using the same orbi setup isn't a bad idea either as it tends to be an ease of setup and maintance. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7