× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Constant spikes in latency / ping from ~50ms to ~2000ms every 30 seconds on wireless.

qxz
Follower
Follower

Constant spikes in latency / ping from ~50ms to ~2000ms every 30 seconds on wireless.

Recently, I have noticed an issue with Orbi that has been quite annoying. While on wireless, every 30 seconds ping spikes to 1000-2000ms. This is very annoying while gaming or on certain streaming services. For context, I have one satellite placed the recommend distance from the router and have tried testing ping without the satellite. The issue persists. I have tried with all of these settings on/off: Daisy Chain, MU-MIMO, Beamforming, 20/40mhz coexistence, andm changed Wi-Fi channels. Nothing seems to work.

Wi-Fi channels are currently set on manual at 6 (2.4) and 36 (5).

Firmware on V2.6.2.104

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Constant spikes in latency / ping from ~50ms to ~2000ms every 30 seconds on wireless.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What devices do you have connected when your checking pings? Besure to test with out any wifi devices connected accept for the one testing device? 

Do wired ping test show same results? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@qxz wrote:

have tried testing ping without the satellite.

Can you give more information about this?  What was connected to the Orbi router?  How? (WiFi or ethernet?)

What was the ping target?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series