× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EUFY 30C Robovac

Mike199
Aspirant

EUFY 30C Robovac

I have a new EUFY 30C Robovac and it will not connect to RBR40. The Eufy 30C Robovac says it will only connect to 2.4 MHZ. Any help is greatly appriciated.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Mike199
Aspirant

Re: EUFY 30C Robovac

I finally connected to the EUFY30C Robovac RBR40 by moving Eufy 30C off its charging base and put the unit on the kitchen chair. Setting next to it with my iPhone I ran the setup app again and “WALLA WALLA” it connected.. I had previously tried everything recommended by the manufacture of EUFY and NETGEAR nothing would work. I was ready to send the Eufy vacuum back but I used the the method I described and it finally somehow it worked... Wow all this and seven hours later...

View solution in original post

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 8 of 8

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@Mike199 wrote:

I have a new EUFY 30C Robovac and it will not connect to RBR40. The Eufy 30C Robovac says it will only connect to 2.4 MHZ. Any help is greatly appriciated.

One of my relatives connected a Eufy Robovac to his Orbi and did nothing out of the ordinary. (Trust me. He knows "zero" about WiFi.)

At what part of the setup does the process fail?

Message 2 of 8
plemans
Guru

Make sure during setup that your phone is on 2.4ghz. 

Message 3 of 8
alokeprasad
Mentor

How will he force his device to connect to 2.4 GHz on the Orbi?

No way to turn off 5 GHz or have different SSID's for 5 and 2,4 GHz on the Orbi, AFAIK.

Should he reduce the power of the 5 GHz to 25% and hope for the best?

Use Telnet to set different SSID's?  Not a trivial thing for most people.

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear provides a simple mechanism to accomplish this:
Navigate to the Advanced Tab, Advanced Settings, Wireless Settings
Uncheck the box, "Broadcast SSID on 5G"
Click "Apply"
All devices that are currently connected to the Orbi will remain connected.
On the smartphone, go to wireless settings and "forget" the Orbi SSID
Search for available WiFi networks. Select the Orbi WiFi. Enter the password. and connect.
If you are curious about whether the smartphone is actually connected at 2.4G, you have to wait a few minutes, because the "Attached Devices" display takes a while to update.
Open the app and set up the 2.4G device.
Once the device is connected and working as it should, reverse the steps.
Check the "Broadcast" box and click "Apply"
"Forget" the Orbi WiFi. Search. Enter password. Connect.

Be aware that there seems to be a time limit with some iOS or Android devices that will connect to the 2.4Ghz radio for a short period of time before changing automatically to the 5Ghz SSID, even though it's been hidden. The SSID is hidden only, thus the signal is still present. So you might want to also change the power output of the 5Ghz radio to 25%. Then connect your mobile device at a distance from the RBR to ensure the mobile phone keeps connected to the 2.4Ghz radio. After you get the IoT device connected, re-configure the system back to where it was. 

@Mike199 wrote:

Message 5 of 8
alokeprasad
Mentor

Ah! Cool! I did,'t think of stopping the broadcast and forgetting the current SSID on the client device as a way to force connections to the specific frequency.

FWIW, Roomba establishes its own temporary 2.4 Ghz WiFi network for initial setup (when you send the home WiFi credentials to it).  Worked great w the Orbi and Nighthawk routers before that.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Good info...hope this helps get them going. 

Message 7 of 8
Mike199
Aspirant

I finally connected to the EUFY30C Robovac RBR40 by moving Eufy 30C off its charging base and put the unit on the kitchen chair. Setting next to it with my iPhone I ran the setup app again and “WALLA WALLA” it connected.. I had previously tried everything recommended by the manufacture of EUFY and NETGEAR nothing would work. I was ready to send the Eufy vacuum back but I used the the method I described and it finally somehow it worked... Wow all this and seven hours later...
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series