× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Faulty RBR50? Green power light, completely unresponsive.

gav2150
Aspirant

Faulty RBR50? Green power light, completely unresponsive.

Had a bit of a weird one this week with my RBR50 and I'm hoping that it's not completely fubar'd

Got up one morning to find that the wifi had gone off and the RBS was showing a solid magenta light, tried to reboot everything with no affect, and noticed no top lights displaying at all on the RBR50 when it was power cycled.

Tried to plug directly into it via ethernet and I wasn't getting DHCP, NIC just showing "network cable unplugged" so I attempted to do a factory reset on it and no matter how long I hold in the paperclip to the reset button (10, 20, 30+ seconds) the power light just remains solid green.  I can feel the reset button depressing, but just seems to be no response.

I've swapped the power supplies for the RBS and RBR in case that was the problem

Attempted a firmware flash using Tftpd64 as recommended in another post without success (likely because the NIC isn't seeing an active connection).

Any suggestions for what else I might be able to try?  It's just over 2 years old so I'm hoping that it's not completely dead as I'd expect to get a lot longer out of a router.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try nmrpflash:
https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash

If this still fails and you swapped power adapters and the RBR doesn't recover, I would presume the RBR is bad and needs replacing.

Message 2 of 4
gav2150
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll give that a try and see how I get on.  Given it's not detecting a network connection I'm not overly hopeful, but I'm completely out of ideas.

Message 3 of 4
jhcollier
Aspirant

Same trouble here.  I have attempted the TFTP route (192.168.1.1 will not ping) and the 30-30-30 method of trying to reset the device.  Ended up buying a replacement from Amazon for $45.00 but it won't be here for a week.  😞

Any other ways of resetting that anyone has found?

Thanks in advance.

J.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7