Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help RBR50 and RBS50

RavetheDave
Aspirant

Help RBR50 and RBS50

I have had a major problem this week with my orbi setup to the point I have been looking at buying different ones! It started this week when my firestick kept dropping it signal from the satellite causing the show I was watching to freeze this has been happening all week can only watch for a few mins, I rebooted the satellite and kept happening still. I should add I have a PS4 and a ps5 both connecting to the satellite and they have been suffering from issues.
This morning I have done a full factory reset and everything looks ok but doing speed test on my wired PS4 or ps5 to the satellite and I’m getting 500kbps or next time 67mbps then 1mbps and the firestick is still dropping out even with the Ethernet cable adapter! My internet is 200mbps and my phone is getting that when I run Speedtest! I hope this makes sense and someone can help as I’m so frustrated with it at the min
Message 1 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

With all the devices except the phone connected with ethernet, that pretty much rules out any WiFi issues aside from the satellite to router backhaul link.  Is the phone Speedtest running on the same satellite?  And, does the phone Speedtest show 200mbs at the same time as the PlayStation is showing 1mbs?

Message 2 of 11
RavetheDave
Aspirant

Hi
Yes the phone on WiFi will give 200 connected to the satellite but no the PS4 only give anything around 1-10 mb but if I put it in wifi it only gives around 15-20 mb! The ps5 is similar Ethernet and WiFi and the firestick just keeps freezing
Message 3 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

The factory reset kept the same Orbi firmware on satellite and router, correct?  There has not been a change in firmware in the last week?

Message 4 of 11
RavetheDave
Aspirant

Hi yes that is correct
Message 5 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

Are the Firestick and PS's wired directly to the RBS50 satellite, or to a switch that is connected to the satellite?

Message 6 of 11
RavetheDave
Aspirant

Both are direct same as ps5 and sky q mini box
Message 7 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

and the SkyQ box shows no problems?

One method of troubleshooting is to temporarily disconnect one device after another to see if one of the devices is malfunctioning and affecting the satellite.

Message 8 of 11
RavetheDave
Aspirant

It hasn’t no but I not tried 1 by 1 checking them I just don’t understand nothing is new and it just started this week
Message 9 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

Well, the ISP is actually delivering 200mbs and the satellite can deliver 200mbs to the phone, so the everthing up to the satellite appears to be working.

Do you have a spare ethernet cable to swap out the Firestick cable?  Maybe one of the cable connectors has become loose?

Message 10 of 11
RavetheDave
Aspirant

Hi

I have tried swapping Ethernet ports, leads and just having firestick through Ethernet and everything else that was now wi fi I still get 200 mbps on my phone firestick averages around 80 but still cuts out like every 10 mins and the PS4 on wi fi is still fluctuating between 1mbps a second to 140 mbp! I just don’t get it I haven’t changed anything and this has only started this week! All devices round the house have occasionally started to drop off wi fi as well
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7