× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I isolate a 2.4 from 5.0 on the RBR50v2

MSL-USA
Aspirant

How do I isolate a 2.4 from 5.0 on the RBR50v2

Arlo sensor hub will not connect to the network (requires 2.4 g).  I created a guest login but it still will not separate/restrict the login to 2.4.  Help 🙂

Message 1 of 3

Re: How do I isolate a 2.4 from 5.0 on the RBR50v2

@MSL-USA wrote:

Arlo sensor hub ...

What's that? My Arlo hubs all have to be wired to the router.

The setup app uses wifi to talk to  the hub. It should be possible to tell the wifi client to use 2.4 GHz, although my recollection is that it can still see the hub when connected to 5 GHz wifi.

You might like to check the section for your device for other conversations on this topic. There have been plenty of them.

Orbi Mesh Systems - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How do I isolate a 2.4 from 5.0 on the RBR50v2

Separation of SSIDs is not supported or possible on Orbi systems. 

Try this. Turn OFF the RBS. Then the power output of the 5Ghz radio to 25%. Be sure that 20/40 MHz Coexistence enabled. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Then connect your mobile device at a distance from the RBR to ensure the mobile phone keeps connected to the 2.4Ghz radio. After you get the IoT device connected, re-configure the system back to where it was.

@MSL-USA wrote:

Arlo sensor hub will not connect to the network (requires 2.4 g).  I created a guest login but it still will not separate/restrict the login to 2.4.  Help 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7