Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to turn off parental controls

BhamMOM
Aspirant

How to turn off parental controls

Hi,  

I updated the firmware for my Orbi and somehow it turned on parental controls.  I already have a standalone circle device so I don't need the built in ones in the Orbi.  I cannot login to my orbi via orbilogin.com on my  brower to make some adjustments to the orbi because the Orbi parental controls are blocking my access.  Please someone help me figure out how to disable this.  I know its not my stand alone circle because I have this device unmanaged.   

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: How to turn off parental controls

@BhamMOM wrote:

I updated the firmware for my Orbi and somehow it turned on parental controls.  I already have a standalone circle device so I don't need the built in ones in the Orbi.  I cannot login to my orbi via orbilogin.com on my  brower to make some adjustments to the orbi because the Orbi parental controls are blocking my access.  Please someone help me figure out how to disable this.  I know its not my stand alone circle because I have this device unmanaged.   

Rather than use "orbilogin.com" in the web browser, can you use the actual IP address of the Orbi?  If should be the same as the "gateway IP address" reported in network settings.  i.e. http://192.168.1.1

Do you use the Orbi "app" to manage the Orbi?  If so, Parental Controls should be one of the options.  (If you have not used the Orbi app, I would not recommend installing it, rather....)

A sure fire, guaranteed method to disable Parental Controls is to Factory Reset the Orbi and perform a new setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

During the new setup, I would be borderline paranoid about not clicking on anything that might activate Circle again.  As I recall, Netgear is almost insistent on customers activating Armor and Circle and it takes a bit persistance to avoid doing so.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the Orbi system been performed since last update?

@BhamMOM wrote:

Hi,  

Message 3 of 6
BhamMOM
Aspirant

I have v2.7.0.70. There used to be a button that toggled the parental controls on or off but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore.

I reset everything a few times and was eventually able to get it to the Orbi login on my browser but I still don’t see anywhere where I can turn off the parental controls. Just hoping it doesn’t interfere with my circle device anymore. That was so weird.
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 6
BhamMOM
Aspirant

Ok thank you very much!!!
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats