Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I bought an Orbi RBS40 from Amazon and cannot setup

Stmgo23
Aspirant

I bought an Orbi RBS40 from Amazon and cannot setup

I bought an Orbi rbs40 from Amazon and cannot set it up because it seems that the previous owner set up a password. Any suggestions?
Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I bought an Orbi RBS40 from Amazon and cannot setup

Factory reset the RBR and RBS. Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. Connect a wired PC to the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard with a web browser. 

@Stmgo23 wrote:
I bought an Orbi rbs40 from Amazon and cannot set it up because it seems that the previous owner set up a password. Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 7
Stmgo23
Aspirant

That worked great! Thank you. Now I can’t get the satellite to pair. It mostly just blinks white lights. Sometimes it will flash one green and one orange really quick. Any suggestions?
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you hitting the sync button in back of the RBR then sync button in back of the RBS while the RBS is in the same room with the RBR? 

What FW version do you have loaded on the RBR?

Message 4 of 7
Stmgo23
Aspirant

Yeah I’ve tried that but it can’t seem to find the satellite. I have version V2.5.30
Message 5 of 7
Stmgo23
Aspirant

The satellite is just steady flashing white.
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the satellite. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

When the satellites are reset, wait about 5 minute. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The IP address of the satellite will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page.

Verify the RBS firmware is up to date and the same version as what is loaded on the RBR. 

Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR. 

If this fails to get the RBS synced to the RBR, then the RBS may be faulty and needs to be replaced. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7