Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LBR20-100NAS NAT Type strict

Dantewilkerson
Follower

LBR20-100NAS NAT Type strict

MY PRODUCT IS NOT LISTED ON THE MODEL LIST

I have an Orbi LBR20-100NAS connected to AT&T mobile network for my primary internet connection as hues net is a joke and those are the only two internet solutions available in my area.
Anyways I’ve recently had this issue in renting a server for a video game for me and my wife to play where we can’t connect because our NAT Type is set to Strict. I have tried port forwarding and setting a dmz default address. Nothing has worked for my Pc or her Xbox. Also when I try using the port function you can only set ports to specific ip addresses on your network and not just apply to all. This Is very frustrating as I’ve port forwarded before on my netgear LB1120 which was a terrible router.
What am I doing wrong?
Any help is appreciated thank you
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: LBR20-100NAS NAT Type strict

@Dantewilkerson wrote:
MY PRODUCT IS NOT LISTED ON THE MODEL LIST

No need to shout, it's informative only and only intended to assist the readers here to understand the exact model the community member is talking to.

@Dantewilkerson wrote:
I have an Orbi LBR20-100NAS connected to AT&T mobile network for my primary internet connection as hues net is a joke and those are the only two internet solutions available in my area.

Ok, at last you had a choice at your location. Nothing the community can do about the other provider I guess.

@Dantewilkerson wrote:
Anyways I’ve recently had this issue in renting a server for a video game for me and my wife to play where we can’t connect because our NAT Type is set to Strict.

Unclear on how this gaming server should have an impact.

As routeable IPv4 addresses are a rare good, it's will possible your mobile provider does assign a private or carrier grade NAT IP address to your router public interface, the Internet connection - something not uncommon. This alone will make the NAT type strict.... Nothing any router an change. Compare the router WAN/Internet IP address with the "what is my IP address" for example from Google.  

To get a public routerable IPv4 address direct on your Internet router WAN port, you need to talk to your mobie provider (ATT) - this requires either an agreement or higher service level.

@Dantewilkerson wrote:
I have tried port forwarding and setting a dmz default address. Nothing has worked for my Pc or her Xbox. Also when I try using the port function you can only set ports to specific ip addresses on your network and not just apply to all. 

To the DMZ config overcome the double NAT limitation (at least for one LAN IP address - that's again industry standard), you need to have a public routeable WAN/Internet address direct on your connection.

Similar, the same port can be forwared to one LAN IP only, too. Again, pure IPv4 NAT industry standard.   

@Dantewilkerson wrote:
This Is very frustrating as I’ve port forwarded before on my netgear LB1120 which was a terrible router.

Very similar capabilities on these routers. On top of the LB1120, the Orbi LTE does provide stronger WiFi (as it's not intended as a mobile device), beyond it does add Mesh capability for adding additional Orbi Mesh satellites.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7