Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My laptop is connected to Orbi but does not appear on Access Control list

weldjame311
Aspirant

My laptop is connected to Orbi but does not appear on Access Control list

My Lenovo X1 laptop no longer shows up on the list of attached devices even though I am connected to the Orbi network router (RBR50 + RBS50 + RBS50Y). No problem connecting to internet. No problem with dropped connections.

Laptop does show up on "not currently connected" device list as "wired" instead of "wireless".  When I try to correct the listing & add the laptop to the connected list I get a message saying it is a duplicate IP Address.  Efforts to delete it have been unsuccessful.

Any ideas?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Does the Laptop have both wired and wireless connections? If the laptop is wired to the network and the laptops wireless is also connected, you should disable the wired connection or wireless connection depending on what your main connection is. Having both of the connections on the laptop enable at the same time could cause problems.

What happens if you turn OFF the RBSs and leave just the RBR online and connect the laptop to the RBR.

Message 2 of 5
weldjame311
Aspirant

Thanks much for your response.  Current Firmware is as follows:

-- RBR50_RBS50 - V2.5.2.4

-- RBS50Y - V2.3.5.32

No I have not tried to disconnect 1 or both satelittes.  But the same condition has appeared on both ORBI networks (ORBI68 in LI; ORBI97 in NYC)

Interesting too is that a 2nd computer (Dell XPS) "shows on the network, but neither my wife's Lenovo X1 nor my Lenovo X1 "show" on the network.  Yet, both computers have no problem connecting to the internet via the ORBI network.

What I have noticed is that if one tries to perfom a "troubleshooting" on the wifi of my Lenovo X1 it only offers the chance to connect to my workplace via Direct Access (which I have never had).

Is this any help?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Are the wifi and lan adatper drivers up to date from there perspective mfrs?

Message 4 of 5
weldjame311
Aspirant

Theoretically yes.  I download the drivers again and tried to reinstall, but got a message saying my driver was up to date. The laptop wifi modem is an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7